Job: FT- Administrative Assistant
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
More Jobs at Neighborhood Healthcare
Browse Similar Jobs: Administrative/Clerical
In order to be considered for an interview applicants must submit a cover letter and resume via email only. "Attn: Administrative Assistant- Billing" must be included in the subject line of your email. Only applicants that meet the criteria listed in the job description will be considered for an interview. Please submit cover letter and resume to the email address listed.
Summary: Provide organization and administrative support to Neighborhood Healthcare Billing Department and department management staff in order to maintain effective business office operations.
1. Process incoming and outgoing mail – sort, review, and distribute to appropriate individuals and departments. Includes preparing outgoing mail on a daily basis, assuring correct postage, meter date, return address information and timely processing deadlines are met.
2. Monitor and distribute incoming faxes for the department.
3. Order and maintain office equipment, forms, and supplies for the department. Request maintenance and training, as needed on office equipment.
4. Printing of all paper claims for the department to ensure timely submission to payers weekly.
5. Oversee comprehensive health risk assessment forms and claims printing for associated health plan. Also claim coordination and/or reporting for health plan incentives as necessary.
6. Coordinate department meetings as directed by department managerial staff.
7. Coordination and scheduling of trainings and in-services offered by the billing department. To include handouts and upkeep of feedback and attendance.
8. Schedule and maintain conference room reservations. Make adjustments and notify visitors, and staff as needed.
9. Provide word processing and administrative assistance for managerial staff as requested.
10. Distribute and post voice mail calendar on a monthly basis.
11. Report computer/phone problems via Track It System as requested as well as facilities requests as needed.
12. Organize, set-up, and clean-up of meetings, trainings, and events to include new hire orientation and functional setup as well as employee morale activities and packages.
13. Take minutes at department meetings, post on company Intranet, and distribute as requested or necessary.
14. Upkeep and coordination of policy & procedure files and billing manuals for the department to include posting on company Intranet as necessary.
15. Open and close of Billing office daily. Also responsible for posting of signs as necessary for holidays, special notifications, etc…
16. Coordinate storage needs for the department to maintain organization for in-house and external billing record storage.
17. Maintain a consistent supply of organizational brochures and fliers. Print and update as needed.
18. Attend billing and PM system workshops as required.
19. Attend staff meetings and organization in-services as required.
20. Keep self and others informed of departmental activities, deadlines, and promote mission and goals.
21. Other duties as assigned.
1. Display knowledge of normal signs of human development and ability to assess and provide age appropriate care.
2. Contribute to the success of the organization by participating in quality improvement activities
1. Respond promptly and with caring actions to patients and employees. Acknowledge psychosocial, spiritual and cultural beliefs and honor these beliefs.
2. Maintain professional working relationships with all levels of staff, clients, and the public.
3. Be part of a team and cooperate in accomplishing department goals and objectives
1. Maintain current knowledge of policies and procedures as they relate to safe work practices.
2. Follow all safety procedures and report unsafe conditions.
3. Use appropriate body mechanics to ensure an injury free environment.
4. Be familiar with location of nearest fire extinguisher and emergency exits.
5. Follow all infection control procedures including blood-borne pathogen protocols
1. Maintain privacy of all patient, employee and volunteer information and access such information only on a need to know basis for business purposes.
2. Comply with all regulations regarding corporate integrity and security obligations. Report all behaviors and/or activities that are unethical, fraudulent, or unlawful.
Skills: Mastery of Microsoft Office Suite. Good organizational, verbal and written communication skills. Attention to detail and accuracy; motivated self-starter; enthusiastic and ability to maintain confidentiality required. Flexibility and ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment. Willingness to learn new skills. professionalism and courtesy. Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
Education: 2 yr. AA degree preferred.
Experience: Minimum three years office experience required. Familiar with operating office equipment.
Neighborhood Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage applications from all individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, pregnancy, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, marital status, physical or mental disability or any other protected class, political affiliation or belief.
Skills / Requirements
Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
Mastery of Microsoft Office Suite
2 yr. AA degree preferred
Minimum three years office experience required.