Job: FT- Hospitalist Physician
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
More Jobs at Neighborhood Healthcare
Browse Similar Jobs: Healthcare - Medical & Dental Practitioners
Neighborhood Healthcare is seeking a full time (40 hours per week) Hospitalist Physician to work at Palomar & Pomerado Hospitals.
**To apply e-mail the address listed. "Hospitalist Physician" must be included in the subject line of your email for your application to be considered.***
Summary: Provides comprehensive medical services for patients, regardless of age or sex on continuing basis by performing the following duties:
1. Review patient file/record, including allergies, problems, medications and immunization status.
2. Elicit and record information about patient’s medical history.
3. Examine patients for symptoms or physical information.
4. Order and execute various test, analyses and diagnostic images to provide information on patient’s condition.
5. Analyze reports and findings of tests and examination and diagnoses condition of patient.
6. Administer or prescribes treatments.
7. Determine and prescribe medication, dosage and schedule given the patient’s condition and allergies.
8. Discuss potential side effects to medication or immunization with patient.
9. Prescribe and administer vaccinations to immunize patient from communicable diseases.
10. Promote health by advising patients about diet, hygiene and methods for prevention of disease.
11. Perform surgical procedures and commensurate with surgical competency, when appropriate for specialty and training.
12. Refer patients to medical specialist for consultant services when necessary for patient’s well-being.
13. Document timely the patient’s visit including medical history, physical exam, diagnoses and plan of action. Documentation should be completed on the day of the visit whenever possible, and no later than 24 hours from the date of visit.
14. Follow up with patient regarding progress in high risk or emergency cases.
15. Keep informed of organizational activities and promote mission and goals.
16. Regularly check email, mail, voice mail, and other forms of communication.
17. Other duties as assigned.
1. Promote results supporting equal employment opportunity and affirmative action.
2. Assess training needs and promote developmental activities of staff.
1. Contribute to the success of the organization by participating in quality improvement activities.
1. Respond promptly and with caring actions to patients and employees. Acknowledge psychosocial, spiritual and cultural beliefs and honor these beliefs.
2. Maintain professional working relationships with all levels of staff, clients and the public.
3. Be part of a team and cooperate in accomplishing department goals and objectives
1. Maintain current knowledge of policies and procedures as they relate to safe work practices.
2. Follow all safety procedures and report unsafe conditions.
3. Use appropriate body mechanics to ensure an injury free environment.
4. Be familiar with location of nearest fire extinguisher and emergency exits.
5. Follow all infection control procedures including blood-borne pathogen protocols
1. Maintain privacy of all patient, employee and volunteer information and access such information only on a need to know basis for business purposes.
2. Comply with all regulations regarding corporate integrity and security obligations. Report all behavior and/or activity that are unethical, fraudulent, or unlawful.
Skills: Current CA medical license, DEA, CPR certification; obtain and maintain board certification
Neighborhood Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage applications from all individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, pregnancy, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, marital status, physical or mental disability or any other protected class, political affiliation or belief.
Current CA medical license, DEA, CPR certification; obtain and maintain board certification