Job: FT- Medical Assistant
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
More Jobs at Neighborhood Healthcare
Browse Similar Jobs: Healthcare - Support Services
In order to be considered for an interview applicants must submit a cover letter and resume via email only. "Attn: MA- El Cajon" must be included in the subject line of your email. Only applicants that meet the criteria listed in the job description will be considered for an interview. Please submit cover letter and resume to the email address listed.
**Bilingual (English/Spanish or English/Arabic) required**
Summary: The medical assistant works under the direction of the assigned medical provider for matters related to direct patient care. Reports to direct supervisor for personnel matters, work assignments or other non -- patient related issues. As a family health center, services provided include family planning, prenatal care, and primary care for pediatric and adult patients. The medical assistant performs duties only within the scope of his/her training. The medical assistant maintains patient confidentiality and conducts himself/herself in a professional manner at all times.
1. Assists in processing patients to ensure efficient flow from the front to back
2. Sets up room for examinations and special procedures as directed by provider. Ensures that exam rooms are adequately stocked and cleaned between patients.
3. Takes vital signs and obtains chief complaint or reason for visit from each patient.
Obtains other information as per protocol prior to the provider seeing the patient.
Documents information obtained per protocol. Signs all chart entries using legal signature and title.
4. Instructs patient/parent to disrobe (if applicable) and ensures patient's readiness
for provider's examination.
5. Monitors assigned provider's scheduled patients and inform provider of no shows,
late patients, walk-ins, etc. Adheres to provider's room assignments.
6. Keeps patients informed if the provider is running late.
7. Conducts certain procedures under the direction of the medical provider such as;
EKG's, nebulizer treatments, wound care, and administers vaccines and certain
Medications as ordered by the provider and following established guidelines.
8. Monitors and reports problems with the equipment and/ or supplies. Performs required tasks/ reports difficulty with procedures to appropriate authority in a timely manner.
9. Obtains lab specimens ordered by the provider according to established guidelines
and instructs patients accordingly.
10. Adheres to clinic policy and procedures in regards to safety, infection control, and
11. Communicates instructions and information to patients under the direction of the
medical provider or RN. Documents information provided into the chart per
12. Reports work incidents (e.g. needle stick injuries) immediately as per protocol.
13. Other duties as assigned.
1. Display knowledge of normal signs of human development and ability to assess and provide age appropriate care.
2. Contribute to the success of the organization by participating in quality improvement activities.
1. Respond promptly and with caring actions to patients and employees. Acknowledge psychosocial, spiritual and cultural beliefs and honor these beliefs.
2. Maintain professional working relationships with all levels of staff, clients and the public.
3. Be part of a team and cooperate in accomplishing department goals and objectives
1. Maintain current knowledge of policies and procedures as they relate to safe work practices.
2. Follow all safety procedures and report unsafe conditions.
3. Use appropriate body mechanics to ensure an injury free environment.
4. Be familiar with location of nearest fire extinguisher and emergency exits.
5. Follow all infection control procedures including blood-borne pathogen protocols
1. Maintain privacy of all patient, employee and volunteer information and access such information only on a need to know basis for business purposes.
2. Comply with all regulations regarding corporate integrity and security obligations. Report unethical and fraudulent or unlawful behavior or activity.
Skills: Bilingual (English/Arabic or English/Spanish) required. Must be flexible. Ability to work well under pressure and in stressful situations. Ability to work with a diverse population. Ability to accept direction. Excellent customer service skills.
Education: High School Diploma/ GED required. Medical Assistant certification and CPR certification required.
Experience: Minimum 1 year experience required.
Neighborhood Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage applications from all individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, pregnancy, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, marital status, physical or mental disability or any other protected class, political affiliation or belief.
Bilingual (English/Arabic or English/Spanish) required.
High School Diploma/ GED required. Medical Assistant certification and CPR certification required.
Minimum 1 year experience required.