Job: FT- Patient Services Representative
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
More Jobs at Neighborhood Healthcare
Browse Similar Jobs: Healthcare - Support Services
In order to be considered for an interview applicants must submit a cover letter and resume via email only. "Attn: PSR- El Cajon" must be included in the subject line of your email. Only applicants that meet the criteria listed in the job description will be considered for an interview. Please submit cover letter and resume to the email address listed.
Bilingual (English/Spanish) or (English/Arabic) required.
Summary: Schedules appointments for patients by telephone or in person. Registers patients for medical appointments by performing the following duties:
1. Schedule appointments and enter appointment date and time into computerized scheduler or appointment book.
2. Record when appointments have been filled or cancelled.
3. Telephone or write patients, salespeople and visitors.
4. Answer telephone and either respond to inquiry, direct caller to appropriate personnel or initiate triage slip for response by medical personnel.
5. Assist with other medical office needs including registering patients and receiving payments for services provides.
6. Greet and direct patients, salespeople and visitors.
7. Generate a list of schedule appointments for the office each day.
8. Pull patient charts prior to or upon arrival of patient for appointment.
9. Verify patient’s appointment and time upon registration.
10. Conduct reminder calls to all patients.
11. Verify patient’s record is up to date and accurate. Make appropriate changes in computer system and on patient’s chart.
12. Generate personalized service form for registered patients in order to document services provided and procedures performed at visit.
13. Assist with other medical office needs, including scheduling, telephone inquiries and cashier.
14. Telephone or write clients to remind them of appointments.
15. Receive payments for services and records them in computer or ledger.
16. Organize and maintain a filing system for patient charts, including generating chart numbers, filing and pulling charts.
17. Other duties as assigned.
1. Display knowledge of normal signs of human development and ability to assess and provide age appropriate care.
2. Contribute to the success of the organization by participating in quality improvement activities
1. Respond promptly and with caring actions to patients and employees. Acknowledge psychosocial, spiritual and cultural beliefs and honor these beliefs.
2. Maintain professional working relationships with all levels of staff, clients and the public.
3. Be part of a team and cooperate in accomplishing department goals and objectives
1. Maintain current knowledge of policies and procedures as they relate to safe work practices.
2. Follow all safety procedures and report unsafe conditions.
3. Use appropriate body mechanics to ensure an injury free environment.
4. Be familiar with location of nearest fire extinguisher and emergency exits.
5. Follow all infection control procedures including blood-borne pathogen protocols
1. Maintain privacy of all patient, employee and volunteer information and access such information only on a need to know basis for business purposes.
2. Comply with all regulations regarding corporate integrity and security obligations. Report unethical, fraudulent or unlawful behavior or activity.
Skills: Computer skills including familiarity with spreadsheets and databases, Bilingual (English/Spanish) or (English/Arabic) required, strong communication and organizational skills, ability to interact effectively with clinic personnel, patients and diverse population. Excellent customer service skills.
Education: High School diploma/ GED
Experience: Minimum 1 year customer service experience required (preferably in healthcare).
Neighborhood Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage applications from all individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, pregnancy, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, marital status, physical or mental disability or any other protected class, political affiliation or belief.
Bilingual (English/Spanish) or (English/Arabic) required
High School diploma/ GED
Minimum 1 year customer service experience required (preferably in healthcare).
A cover letter must be included or you will not be considered for the position