Job: PET/CT Technologist Assistant
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
More Jobs at Imaging Healthcare Specialists
Imaging Healthcare Specialists is pleased to announce the following opportunities in the San Diego area: PET/CT Technologist Assistant
Under the direction of the facility site lead and the Nuclear Medicine technologist (NM technologist), the PET/CT technologist assistant will act as a liaison between the NM technologist, patients, and front office administrative staff.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Accompanies/Directs patients to PET/CT procedure area
- Explains PET/CT procedure to patients
- Assists PET/CT technologist in positioning or assisting patients for exams
- Confirming patients for scheduled PET/CT appointments, protocoling exams, and other administrative duties associated with PET/CT appointments
- Assists with ‘Daily Room Readiness’ procedures
- Assists with daily and quarterly QC procedures
Skills / Requirements
Ideal candidate will have at least one year of experience performing as a technologist assistant in an outpatient radiology practice or hospital setting. This position requires a high school diploma or GED, knowledge of medical terminology, knowledge of office procedures and radiology basics, and current CPR certification.