Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at EAG Laboratories
EAG Laboratories, a Eurofins company, the world's leading, fully integrated and independent material characterization services organization, with over 20 locations in seven countries located throughout Asia, Europe, and the United States is seeking a financial analyst who has developed both consolidated/segmented P&L and sales reporting. In this role the Financial Analyst will work closely with the accounting team, the Group reporting colleagues and the sales team, liaise with internal business operational units regarding systems enhancements, implement solutions and assist with financial reporting functions.
The FP&A function works as a business partner to deliver quality financial analysis and modeling, enabling Sr. Management to make informed decisions. The position requires both sound technical skills (data manipulation, reporting, and modeling) as well as strong inter-personal skills, in dealings with cross-functional colleagues and the Sr. Management team.
A blend of reporting, report writing/modeling, systems analysis and analytical experience is required for consideration. If you have 3 or more years of financial reporting and financial analysis experience and are seeking a role that caters to your systems skills and report writing capabilities, then this could be the ideal position for you to consider.
- Responsibilities of the Financial Analyst will include but are not limited to:
- Ensure accuracy, completeness and integrity in the data that is reported in actual, plan, forecast and pro-forma files.
- Work with VP of Finance to establish and produce monthly executive reporting packs, high-level reconciliations, variance analysis and commentary. Work with Sales team to establish and produce monthly sales reporting and sales commission calculation.
- Provide financial support in the areas of variance analysis (budget vs. actual); participates in business budget processes; responds to questions on expenses vs. budget.
- Interact with Sr. Management to understand the business and identify drivers to positively improve the P&L. Prepare, review and present budgets and forecasts (P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash flow indicators).
- Develop reports, training manuals and presentations on the financial operations of the business; cash forecasting, accounting issues and research as necessary; and participates in departmental projects as needed.
- Manipulation and analysis of various data sources (Great Plains, Cognos, JIVA, Host Analytics) to produce concise and easy to understand reports. Partner with other Finance functions to establish effective reporting, intelligence and metrics tools (KPI's).
- Direct FP&A responsibility with relation to monthly forecasting and annual budgeting along with supporting G&A functional managers with cost center analysis.
The Ideal Candidate would possess:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- 3+ years of FP&A Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
- Computer Skills: Proficient in all Microsoft Office Applications with advanced to expert levels in Excel and Powerpoint. Familiarity with other mainframe/database applications. Experience with Great Plains, Cognos or other BI tools a plus.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, company policy and procedure manuals. Ability to write business reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers, employees, and management of organization.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Reasoning Ability: Strong business acumen required. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.? ?While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk and reach with hands and arms.
- Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Job involves occasional domestic travel. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
What we offer:
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
To learn more about EAG Laboratories, a Eurofins company, please explore our website www.eurofinsus.com.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.