Eurofins DiscoverX is a leader in providing solutions and support to the pharmaceutical industry by developing, manufacturing, and commercializing reagents, cell-based assay kits, and profiling and screening services.
DiscoverX is searching for a Phenotypic Business Line Leader to join our team. This is a field based position.
Phenotypic Business Line Leader responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following :
· Monitor and report on the revenue progression of the business line and implement actions to improve growth.
· Develop a clear understanding of the market and our competitive advantages.
· Structure the Business Line in a clear and attractive format with positive differentiators and as part of an integrated solution for drug discovery.
· Manage team of Applications Scientists to generate case studies/application notes and Scientific Directors to provide field based support to commercial organization through seminars/presentations.
· Develop positioning of the Business Line to support the commercial organization.
· Through the commercial organization, ensure web visibility of the Business Line portfolio in a meaningful way to the client.
· Develop and implement ways to improve the client’s experience.
· Propose new products/services and work with scientific and commercial teams for implementation.
· Propose KPIs and targets that are relevant to the specific Business Line
· Define a 2 to 5 years’ business plan to double the business line revenue
· Propose innovations that would continue our position as exclusive, pioneers in the Business Line segment
· Propose and develop Global Centers of Excellence (equipment investment, sites focus)
· Overall responsibility for all revenue, commercial, and innovation components of the Business Line
· Regularly reviews and approves financial reports, forecasts, deviation reports, and capex expenditures
· Works closely with EPDS sales and commercial operations to meet financial objectives
· Works closely with EPDS innovation team to develop new products and services
· Works closely with EPDS General Managers to execute against site optimization projects
· Promotes Business Line by serving as a leadership role in external professional organizations and publications, as appropriate
· Assists in long-term planning and service diversification; including evaluation of potential licensing and out-sourcing opportunities
· Demonstrates and promotes the company vision
· Performs other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate would possess :
· Experience in phenotypic screening or a phenotypic services company would be preferred.
· Ability to build a cohesive team comprised of staff with a variety of backgrounds.
· Ability to read, analyze and interpret most complex documents and financial data sets.
· Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints
· Ability to write speeches and articles using original or innovative techniques or style
· Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to public groups and/or boards of directors
· Ability to apply principle s of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems
· Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, etc.) in its most difficult phases
· Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables
· Ability to positively interface with a client, regulatory and internal company base
Basic Minimum Qualifications :
· Degree in a science related field or equivalent; or more than 10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Ability to travel with overnight stays globally
· Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
This is a full-time, M-F 8am – 5pm with additional hours and overtime, as needed. Candidates living in the San Francisco, San Diego or St. Louis area are encouraged to apply.