Action Property Management
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lead Concierge (Part Time 32 Hours) - Pacific Gate
at Action Property Management
Job TitleLead Concierge (Part Time 32 Hours) - Pacific Gate
Area of InterestFront Desk
JOB SUMMARY: Under the direction of the assigned supervisor, the Concierge Lead will oversee the training and service delivery of the Concierge and Lobby Staff in the areas of hospitality, resident services, and the operation of the Front Desk. The Front Desk is a crucial hub of contact and extension of the building's service culture. As such, the Concierge Lead must at all times display a professional appearance and speak in a polite manner and clear tone, including answering telephones or addressing people who have approached the Front Desk. Additionally, Concierge Lead is expected to possess a working knowledge of the Association's rules, policies and procedures, as well as familiarity with the Association's amenities and surroundings in order to assist residents and their guests. The Concierge Lead is responsible for holding staff accountable for delivering to these expectations.
Compensation: $21 per hour
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Represent Action Property Management and the association by greeting residents, guests, and other visitors at the Front Desk in a welcoming and professional manner.
- Actively comply with and train Emissaries, and Door Hosts on Action's "100%-er" hospitality and customer service philosophy:
- Smile and make eye contact with every resident and guest we encounter
- Verbally greet every resident and guest we encounter
- Use resident's and guest's name when greeting him/her
- Come to 'attention' when greeting a resident or guest
- The Concierge Lead is responsible for performing all of the essential duties and responsibilities of the Concierge and Lobby staff (with the exception of tasks related to driving vehicles) as well as training staff in the implementation of duties.
- Answer telephones or address people who enter the lobby or approach the Front Desk to politely answer questions, provide information, and assist in accordance with rules, regulations and policies; receive and respond to resident complaints in accordance with established procedures and policies or as appropriate; assist residents with issues or problems that do not require direct management involvement.
- Monitor activity in the Lobby and, when necessary, coordinate on-site personnel to address residents' and guests' needs; utilize the Master Phone Directory to contact residents to announce guests and deliveries.
- Maintain the appearance of the Front Desk area, Lobby, and main elevators by assuring it is organized and clean at all times; summon the janitorial or maintenance staff when needed; straighten cushions and periodicals as needed; maintain the back office and package room in a neat and orderly manner.
- Assist residents with room reservation requests for the Association's common area rooms; coordinate with maintenance and janitorial staff for the scheduling of meeting room setup and breakdown before and after resident use; inspect rooms for damage or misuse before and after each use.
- Note accurately any issues or information throughout the work shift in the Daily Activity Report; read the pass-on log and read any e-mails for information pertinent to Concierges; communicate effectively with co-workers to assure a smooth transition of shifts.
- Provide basic concierge services including restaurant reservations, taxi reservations, directions, and restaurant referrals; maintain resource book/inventory of local services and referrals for resident and guest use; inform residents and guests of activities, events, and services that may be of use or interest.
- Utilize SharePoint system and or Key Track/Handy Track to track and retain resident information including asset logs, parcel logs, key logs, guest sign-in, and amenity reservations.
- Coordinate deliveries to and from units; follow established procedures to have the resident receive their parcel; document the acceptance of parcels or other deliveries, both incoming and outgoing, by updating the package log in SharePoint; notify the resident when a parcel has been accepted on their behalf.
- Operate Jenark, RUN, and other property management software to update unit records, owner information, and other resident and association records.
- Document reports of disturbances that occur; evaluate the situation and contact the proper authority (i.e. Police, Fire Department, Management) to resolve the problem.
- Coordinate moves in accordance with the Association's approved hours; assure that Common Areas are adequately protected.
- Properly operate the Elevator Control System so that guests, contractors and other visitors are sent to the proper floor.
- Document the issuance of unit keys by properly utilizing Key Check-Out system in Key Track/Handy Track or SharePoint.
- Utilize and implement the Front Desk Procedures Manual including the Shift Inventory Log and the Pass-On Log.
- Monitor and maintain an adequate inventory of forms, supplies and other items used at the Front Desk; maintain an adequate supply of items used at the lobby coffee station, if applicable, and any other lobby amenities requiring regular replenishment; order items or promptly notify Supervisor when in need of replenishment.
- Periodically or regularly observe building activity as captured by surveillance cameras and displayed on security monitors; report suspicious or abnormal activities to Action staff and management, building security, or Law Enforcement, as appropriate; prepare detailed documentation of incidents according to established procedures.
- Report complaints, reports of nuisance, and non-compliance issues to Management; if applicable, respond to the issue and politely call to the attention of the offending party the complaint or non-compliance issue and request that it be resolved as quickly and practicable as possible; document details of the incident as appropriate.
- Distribute, log, and program fobs, transponders, and clickers for residents as directed by Management; log and distribute keys, parking passes, packages, and lock box access.
- Prepare a variety of documents, including resident/guest/vendor passes, letters, reports, refunds, meeting notices, and memos; complete a variety of forms; perform administrative duties as assigned.
- Understand and implement Emergency Procedures when required; understand and coordinate appropriate communications with residents and emergency personnel in the event of a fire alarm, fire, flooding, earthquake, or other emergency event.
- Follow all "Post Instructions" and adhere to the Association's Governing Documents, CC&Rs, and the Rules and Regulations of the Association; be familiar with, and adhere to, all association policies, emergency procedures, and evacuation procedures.
- Perform other related Concierge tasks and duties as assigned by management.
- Polished and professional appearance and presentation
Upbeat/positive attitude and service oriented
Strong written and verbal communication
Customer service experience
Front Desk/Reception experience a plus
Ability to lift 50 lbs
Must successfully pass a pre-employment criminal background investigation and pre-employment drug screening