Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Engineering Technician 1
The Engineering Technician I is an entry level position responsible for installation, troubleshooting maintenance and repair of electronic assemblies within an established security system. Work includes production material builds, field service support, returned material testing, engineering builds/setups, installation, testing, certification, and repair
- Prepare, review and verify a variety of documents, forms and reports on operations and engineering activities/studies.
- Experience using basic electronic test equipment, hand tools and small power tools
- Able to read and understand technical drawings, datasheets, and written instructions
- Work in NIWC (formerly SPAWAR) lab and field support sites to configure, troubleshoot, test and verify proper operation of Navy security system
- Provide Test & Evaluations, Pre-Installation Test and Checkout (PITCO) and System Operational Verification Testing (SOVT) for Navy security system
- Perform assessments, alignments, troubleshooting and fault corrections and inspections on radars, cameras, telemetry, and operator workstation suites
- Fabricate components and cable connectors according to approved drawing.
- Customize units and make software, firmware and IP adjustments or repairs according to written instructions.
- Test production and commercial off the shelf (COTS) products to ensure proper operation per established test criteria
- Able to troubleshoot electronics down to the component level to determine root cause and correct malfunction
- Able to set up and test components/units to meet specified requirements
- Recognizes failures and set-up problems, isolates problems, and takes appropriate action to resolve those problems
- Inspects all work performed before moving to the next task
- Keeps supervisor and co-workers appraised of all unresolved and/or potential problems that would negatively affect production schedules
- Completes production test reports
- Provides support to the Production Lead and Production Supervisor on all production assignments; works in other departments and/or miscellaneous assignments as instructed
- Perform required repairs to return unit and security system to operational state
- Exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action
- Climb towers in excess of 10’ with required safety gear
- Maintain security system equipment through scheduled and unscheduled maintenance.
- Able to follow preventive maintenance requirements (PMR) on security system
- All behaviors comply with the Alutiiq Code of Ethics and Business Conduct outlined in the Alutiiq Employee Handbook.
- Work with management to plan and prioritize work schedule for EHSS and FSS project requirements.
- Maintains desktop procedures, post-installation test and check documents are properly completed and filed in their assigned location.
- Maintain a safe working environment; review MSDS before handling and use of hazardous materials.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Maintain workspace is in a clean and orderly manner.
- Solid computer skills for documenting and research.
- Highly motivated self-starter, capable of working independently as well as in a team.
- Well organized and able to multi-task
- Able to create work procedure documents
- Maintain security of equipment, parts and materials.
- Climbing equipment towers
- Ensure all tools and materials are stored in a safe and orderly manner and in compliance with OSHA standards; maintain MSDS files on hazardous materials.
- Domestic and international travel may be required (Passport)
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 1-2 years experience in production, installation, or construction
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a SECRET DoD Military Security Clearance.
- Knowledge of: Operations, services and activities of a warehousing program, principles and procedures of report preparation, and troubleshoot in a logical manner.