Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Jr Electronics Technician
Job Status: Full-Time/Regular
Job Reference #: 2310
- Technical support for the U.S. Navy Broadband Satellite Communications (SATCOM) Systems and associated subsystems on board U.S. Navy ships and shore installations.
- Work in SPAWAR lab, and field support/shipboard sites to configure, troubleshoot, test and verify proper operation of Navy SATCOM system.
- Provide Test & Evaluations, Pre-Installation Test and Checkout (PITCO) and System Operational Verification Testing (SOVT) for military satellite communication (SATCOM) systems.
- Perform assessments, alignments, troubleshooting and fault corrections and inspections on Navy Multiband Terminal (NMT) satellite communications equipment.
- Develop written instructions, procedures, schematics and other technical documentation; and likewise, review, redline or rewrite written instructions, procedures, schematics and other technical documentation in support of In-Service sustainment logistics.
- Perform system configuration, diagnostics, and verification in on-site and off-site/shipyard environments.
- Provide the status of assigned tasks via both prepared and ad hoc oral briefings to project manager.
- Execute tests and analysis in accordance with test plan guidance.
- Prepare documents relative to system functionality and testing.
- Perform system configuration, diagnostics, repairs and verification in CONUS and OCONUS Government facilities (approximately 5% -10% travel).
- Security Clearance REQUIRED: Must already possess and maintain, at minimum a SECRET Security Clearance.
- The proposed Jr. Electronics Technician shall have two plus (2+) years of recent experience in specialized Communication Systems experience and demonstrate In-Service sustainment engineering functions (e.g. evaluation, testing, and maintenance) of electronic equipment and systems; support the Life Cycle requirements; and providing technical support for satellite communication systems.
- Prior knowledge working on the C/X/KU/KA Band, and/or Commercial Wideband Satellite Program (CWSP), and/or Global Broadcast Services (GBS) and/or Commercial Broadband Satellite Program (CBSP), and/or TV Direct-to-Sailor (TV-DTS), and/or Navy Multiband Terminal (NMT), and/or Commercial Satellite Communications (COMSATCOM) systems is desirable.
- Have a minimum of three plus (2+) years of experience within the last 6 years of Navy C4I(S) experience or equivalent.
- Experience in the use of multi-meters, o-scopes, spectrum analyzers and associated test equipment.
- Prior hands-on experience performing electronic, electrical and mechanical assessments, alignments on SATCOM and broadband communications equipment/systems is desirable.
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must have a solid understanding of communications theory and techniques.