Agile Defense, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Service Now Engineer IV
at Agile Defense, Inc.
Requisition #: SERVI01998
Job Title: Service Now Engineer IV
Location: San Diego, CA 92106
Clearance Level: Active DoD - Secret
Required Certification(s): Must hold a ServiceNow Certified Implementation Specialist – ITSM (CIS-ITSM) (strongly desired) or ServiceNow Certified System Administrator (CSA) certification.
• ITILv3 or ITILv4 Foundation certification required.
• The candidate must obtain a DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II CE certification, such as a CompTIA Security CE certification, prior to starting on the contract.
**Selected applicants may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. **
Agile Defense is looking for a highly motivated ServiceNow Engineer to design and implement an on-prem ServiceNow implementation for the US Navy and Department of Defense (DoD). Agile Defense will also provide the candidate the opportunity to support ServiceNow efforts for other Agile Defense DoD and Federal Government customers and for business development opportunities.
The ServiceNow Engineer deals with all aspects of this ServiceNow environment including customer use case analysis, configuration, development, administration, and support across development, test, and production implementations. This position plays a lead role in the development of strategies for optimal use of ServiceNow within the Navy and DoD. The Engineer must be able to work in a highly changing and fast paced environment interfacing directly with internal and external customers and management. This position typically works under general supervision and direction.
- Take a lead hands-on role in supporting ServiceNow and implementing ServiceNow solutions for Navy and DoD customers. Serve as the hands-on ServiceNow Subject Matter Expert (SME) and provide technical guidance and trouble-shooting guidance to other team members.
- Lead design efforts and provide recommendations of overall system functionality in order to deliver a new on-prem ServiceNow capability for Navy and DoD customers.
- Oversee the configuration and maintenance of the Development, Test, and Production implementations ensuring consistency according to established governance.
- Implement innovative ServiceNow solutions as assigned.
- Integrate ServiceNow with other/legacy systems in the Navy and DoD.
- Collaborate with and support customers in the configuration and development of ServiceNow to support Navy and DoD business requirements.
- Assess user skill gaps and determine user and customer training needs. Develop and conduct ServiceNow user training via over-the-shoulder, desktop collaboration, or train-the-trainer approaches.
- Release enhancements / changes to the live environment following established Navy change management processes.
- Collaborates with other team members to develop system documentation, implementation plans, roll-back procedures, and test plans.
- Comply with all DoD Information Assurance and Cyber-Security Workforce security requirements.
- Other duties as requested.
Education and Certifications:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university, preferably in computer science or related field with 8-10 years of experience.
- Must hold a ServiceNow Certified Implementation Specialist – ITSM (CIS-ITSM) (strongly desired) or ServiceNow Certified System Administrator (CSA) certification.
- ITILv3 or ITILv4 Foundation certification required.
- The candidate must obtain a DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II CE certification, such as a CompTIA Security CE certification, prior to starting on the contract.
Background Needed and Years of Experience:
- Experienced in full lifecycle ServiceNow implementations with excellent communication skills
- A minimum of 8 years of experience designing and configuring ServiceNow / deploying ITIL-based solutions using ServiceNow.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
Technical Skills (Must Have):
Technical skills must include:
Previous work with product owner / stakeholders to build requested items and tasks using workflows to manage processes and meet business requirements.
Designing and deploying new ServiceNow on-prem implementations.
Expertise in Incident, Change, Problem, Asset, CMDB, Service Catalog, Report, and Workflow customizations.
Experience with ServiceNow Business Rules, Client Scripts, UI Policies, UI Scripts, UI Actions, UI Pages, Script Includes and Access Control Lists.
Experience with Web Services Integration (SOAP, REST, and JSON).
Experience installing the ServiceNow database and working with the data in the database as required to support the installation and maintenance of ServiceNow.
Experience working with Agile (Scrum) project team development environments
Ability to analyze and solve technical problems.
Technical Skills (Preferred):
- Experience with Field Service, Orchestration, MID server, Import Sets, Discovery, ServiceWatch, ITOM, and Performance Analytics desired.
- Experience integrating DoD Common Access Card (CAC) or smart-card based logon solutions with ServiceNow.
- DoD experience highly desired.
- Experience working in a commercial cloud environment, such as Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to write detailed documentation (project specifications, customer stories / use cases / requirements, and plans) for both technical and nontechnical audiences.
- Have the ability to operate independently with minimal supervision or feedback and communicate effectively, both internally with the technical staff, peers, and management, as well as with the external customers.
- Possess a positive attitude, with a strong customer focus and desire to support the Navy and DoD.
- Must have some flexibility with scheduling to ensure team coverage occurs during required time periods.
- Strong understanding of and ability to demonstrate the Agile Defense Core Values: Happy, Helpful, Honest, Humble, Hungry, Hustle
Work is primarily working at a computer desk in a standard DoD/Government office building located in a secure and controlled access government base. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking for up to 10% of the time. The working environment is generally favorable with appropriate lighting and temperatures controlled by an HVAC system. There are not hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. There is an outside deck for breaks/meals with a beautiful view overlooking San Diego and the San Diego bay.
Strength Demands: Light – 20 lbs. Maximum lifting with frequent lift/carry up to 10 lbs. A job is light if less lifting is involved but significant walking/standing is done or if done mostly sitting but requires push/pull on arm or leg controls.
Physical Requirements:? Stand or Sit ? Walk ? Repetitive Motion ? Use hands/fingers to handle or feel ? Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl ? Talk/hear ? See
Agile Defense is an Information Technology Solutions provider committed to partnering with our customers to deliver the highest level of service to our customers. We provided Information Technology (IT) services to the U.S. Government, including several United States Civil agencies and various branches within the U.S. Department of Defense.
Agile Defense has established a solid reputation of partnering with our customers to deliver innovative IT solutions with our “Listen. Think. Innovate.” philosophy.
At Agile Defense, we know that our employees are our most important asset. We believe in our responsibility to our fellow employees, customers, company, and to our country. We promote teamwork, integrity, and creativity; we expect our fellow employees to also live these values.
Agile Defense, Inc. does not discriminate in practices or employment opportunities on the basis of an individual's race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other proscribed category set forth in federal or state regulations.