Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Civil Engineer - Water Resources
- Requisition ID
- Work Location
- US-CA-San Diego
- Department / Discipline
- Engineering - Civil
- Position Type
- Staff / Permanent
- Professional & Technical
Overview / Responsibilities
Are you an Engineer with 5+ years of experience? Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established environmental consulting firm on technically complex projects and with opportunities for personal and professional growth? Are you looking for a firm that values its employee’s enthusiasm and technical contributions?
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is growing, and we have a career opportunity for a Civil Engineer to join our dynamic team in San Diego, CA.
- Assist in the development and management of high quality, safety focused, sustainable engineering solutions for our municipal, commercial and industrial clients including conceptual design, final design and construction support services focused around municipal and industrial stormwater evaluation & process design, storm water permit compliance, facilities planning, engineering, permitting & compliance, construction, operations and general civil/industrial engineering services
- Preparation and/or oversight of technical studies (hydrology and hydraulic reports, stormwater quality management plans, SWPPPs), construction specifications, plans, and cost estimates
- Ability to determine what technical tasks are needed in order to complete a project and what technical skills/programs are needed for those tasks
- Development and/or oversight of hydrologic and hydraulic models
- Provide supervision during engineering design for entry-level staff
- Monitor project budgets and schedules
- Attend and lead (or co-lead) client and subconsultant meetings and site visits
- Serve as an effective interface between the senior engineers and the younger staff (internally) and ability to communicate effectively with clients (externally)
- Interested in getting involved in client business development, including client development, SOW and proposal preparation
- Contribute to the growth of the civil engineering services provided within the Water Resources group
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Civil, Environmental or closely related engineering discipline
- Current California Civil Professional Engineering license or proof of working towards obtaining the PE
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in municipal, commercial and/or industrial stormwater solutions including studies through design and construction support
- Direct experience with water resources engineering, storm water permit compliance, Green infrastructure design, H&H and water quality modeling
- Proficient in AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and writing skills
- Must pass drug test, background check, and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
- Experience with San Diego/California municipal, commercial and/or industrial clients and local regulatory agencies
- Experience with HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, SWMM and other related modeling programs
- Background in water quality monitoring a bonus
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com?
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!