Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Subcontracts Administrator
- Requisition ID
- Work Location
- US-CA-San Diego
- Department / Discipline
- Subcontracts / Supply Chain
- Position Type
- Staff / Permanent
- Professional & Technical
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently seeking a Senior Subcontracts Administrator to be responsible for execution of the procurement function and process within Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions Americas for US Federal projects within the Western US.
- Prepare and issue Requests for Proposal (RFPs) to vendors and subcontractors, including development of contract documents, solicitation, and assistance with subcontractor and vendor negotiations
- Receive proposals, evaluate on basis of low price, best value or other methods and prepare evaluation documents for review by relevant project team members
- Award subcontracts and/or purchase orders and modifications of varying dollar value, risk, creativity and complexity for services and commodities for offices assigned by supervisor to ensure compliance with procurement policies and procedures and good business practices
- Perform price or cost analysis and prepare award summaries that effectively support pricing as fair and reasonable
- Effectively administer subcontracts and issue any required notices, including consent, cure notices, stop work orders, and terminations if required
- Conduct discussions and negotiations terms and conditions with all levels of supplier/subcontractor management and obtain legal review and management approval of changes to standard terms and conditions
- Implement and monitor compliance with company procurement / subcontracting policies and procedures
- Interface with IT, insurance, tax, health and safety and other applicable departments as required
- Become involved in resolution of subcontractor performance problems, changes, disputes and claims and ensure the implementation of the most appropriate corrective actions
- Act as liaison with Accounts Payable to resolve subcontractor / vendor invoicing and electronic PO issues
- Provide support in Western US to corporate Small Business Program
- Assist to maintain the database of subcontractors and suppliers who have Master Subcontract Services Agreements as well regular monitoring of the performance and certifications of these subcontractors and suppliers as required by corporate supply chain management
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in business-related field
- Minimum of 12 years of related experience managing and administering commercial and federal subcontracts
- Experience in subcontract negotiation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong familiarity and technical knowledge with purchasing system software
- Strong FAR/DFARS knowledge and influences on procurement processes
- If the job requires solo work assignments outside the office, then a valid driver's license is required
- Drug screen, background check and social security number verification
- Flexibility to work outside normal business hours as required
- Minimal travel anticipated
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!