AMERICAN SPECIALTY HEALTH, INC.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Software Engineer II
at AMERICAN SPECIALTY HEALTH, INC.
Sr. Software Engineer II
American Specialty Health, Inc. is seeking a Sr Software Engineer II to join our Consumer Technology-Software department. This position will be responsible for formulating and defining system scope and objectives of complex software applications and analyze, design, develop, and maintain software applications using latest Microsoft technologies. Must be able to work independently. Will have primary technical responsibility for at least one major application.
You are invited to learn more about American Specialty Health’s events on our events page.
- Design, development, maintenance, and troubleshooting of software applications.
- Expands knowledge of Company operations particularly as related to assigned projects.
- Performs routine programming assignments under Manager’s supervision.
- Develops an understanding of assigned application and internal customer area, standards and techniques, and general business knowledge.
- Demonstrates understanding of departmental procedures, programming standards, and all pertinent training materials.
- Unit testing as applicable.
- Accountable for providing accurate time estimates of assigned tasks and projects.
- Recommends possible improvements in applications and larger systems.
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- Mentor and lead other programmers.
- Properly refactor legacy components as needed.
- Communicate directly with product owner and end users.
- Participates in the training or development of others, as directed.
- Maintains familiarity with and uses department methodology as appropriate.
- Analyzes alternatives, providing a cost/benefit comparison.
- Monitors and ensures automated processes run as expected. Responsible for remediation.
- Lead the development of large-scale systems.
- Assist in code reviews.
- Attends Operational and other weekly meetings to discuss programming changes, enhancements, and other issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT or computer or technical related field or equivalent experience required. If equivalent experience, high school diploma required.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience performing computer programming with expertise in ASP.Net, VB.Net, C#, SQL.
- Experience with web development programming in a client/server setup required.
- Experience with relational database design, writing queries and stored procedures with MySQL or Microsoft SQL required.
- Exceeds expectations of a senior programmer with demonstrated proficiency in coding.
- Expertise in Object Oriented Analysis and Development within large enterprise level applications required.
- Expertise in development and consumption of web services preferred.
- Experience with XSLT, XML required.
- HTTP, C#, SQL optimization experience.
- Expertise in software design.
- Expertise in designing and architecting complex enterprise level systems.
- Experience with mentoring and leading other programmers.
- Completing tasks in a fast-paced development cycle.
- Familiarity with software development life cycles such as Agile or SCRUM.
- Ability to design and architect complex enterprise level systems.
- Expertise with software design patterns.
- Expertise with SOLID design principles.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to research, analyze and recommend technology direction and development tools.