AmTrust Financial Services, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Claims Adjuster Trainee
at AmTrust Financial Services, inc.
- Requisition ID
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
AmTrust Financial Services, a commercial insurance company, is seeking recent college graduates to join our AmTrust team as Claims Adjuster Trainees in the Workers’ Compensation division. Over a 24-month period, we will teach you the insurance business and the skills needed to investigate, reserve, and settle Workers’ Compensation claims in a fast-paced and changing office environment. Problem solving, organizational and communication skills are some of the most frequently used skills in the position.
- Review, process and conclude lower severity claims as trained and directed.
- Provides quality service to all customers.
- Verifies coverages and policy conditions.
- Completes quality investigation by gathering all pertinent information.
- Determines if subrogation exists and takes steps necessary to initiate recovery efforts.
- Documents all correspondence, reports, discussions and decisions.
- Fulfill state licensing agreements/requirements (if applicable) and apply knowledge of state laws and regulations pertaining to the insurance industry.
- Other tasks as assigned by supervisor/manager.
- Ability to manage relationships in a fast paced environment, while demonstrating persistence along with problem solving and decision making skills to work with customers through a variety of challenging situations.
- Good analytical abilities to review, exercise judgment and evaluate claims in order to make sound decisions.
- Basic knowledge of claim procedures, policies, technology, state and federal laws and insurance regulations.
- Ability to multi-task and handle large volumes of work in a short period of time.
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to carry out detailed written or verbal instructions, ability to respond to requests effectively and efficiently and exhibit good common sense.
- Ability to work independently with self-initiative.
- Time management skills, organizational skills and ability to prioritize issues and tasks.
- Ability to effectively operate computer equipment and applications.
- Four-year college degree is required
- Previous customer service experience a plus.
What We Offer:AmTrust Financial Services offers a great work environment, competitive compensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our benefits include: Medical and Dental Plans, Life Insurance, Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, and Paid Time Off.
AmTrust Financial Services is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity