Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
NSWC - Senior Application Systems Analyst
at Apogee Engineering
Apogee is seeking a Senior Application Systems Analyst to support the Naval Special Warfare Command Information Officer (CIO/NSWC N85) at the Naval Amphibious Base in Coronado, CA (Relocation assistance is available). This position is part of a team providing business systems project management, systems architecture, and Development Operations (DevSecOps) support to meet force-wide business systems planning and engineering requirements. NSW Command, Control, Communications, Computers, and Intelligence (C4I) Business Systems are defined as integrated information technology solutions used by NSW to perform various automation, administration, and management functions across the enterprise. Current and planned business systems include:
- NSW Training & Readiness Management System (NTRMS)
- Special Operations Forces Resources, Requirements & Assessment System (SOFRRAS)
- NSW Psychological Assessment & Selection System (NPASS)
- NSW Enterprise Readiness Assessment Program (ERAP)
- NSW Continuum of Leadership Development (CLD)
- NSW Readiness for SOF Transition (R4ST)
This includes additional DevSecOps support for NSWCEN Student Management System (SMS) and Learning Management System (LMS). These systems are used to capture and view data, automate processes, increase productivity, report readiness, provide learning, measure performance, enhance resilience, and perform other business functions.
Why work with us?
Apogee Engineering, LLC is a growing provider of expertise across an array of Defense and Civilian customers. Our company was founded on the commitment of making a positive difference regardless of agenda or personality. This commitment, infused with integrity and a passion for excellence, has propelled Apogee into the ranks of an elite small business company, known for unwavering dedication to their client's success, a warm and family-like work environment, and an enthusiasm to providing the right solution at the right time.
What you'll be doing:
- Provide support for the engineering of agile enterprise business systems and the relationship between business stakeholders and the engineering team.
- Provide agile software program management support for SOFRRAS.
- Collect, review, analyze, evaluate and manage stakeholder requirements.
- Document scope and objectives for software engineering, customization, and testing activities.
- Provide technical documentation, impact assessments, user training and support, user acceptance testing (UAT), change management, stakeholder engagement and process improvement.
- Support system operational maintenance tasks and updates, manage authorized service interruptions (ASI), and manage DevSecOps tasks for GOTS software updates and releases.
- Support tasks for accreditation, scans, and documentation to obtain an Interim Authority to Test (IATT), Authority to Operate (ATO), and Privacy Impact Assessment (PIA).
- Continuously maintain and update technology stacks.
- Provide information and data analytics support for all aspects of SOFRRAS and various other data sets.
- Perform business systems analysis using various techniques, e.g. data mining.
- Support development of best practices and develop actionable insights and recommendations for organizational operations or issues.
- Identify and document analytical and BI requirements, and track and manage the requirements in Microsoft Team Foundation Server, Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Visio, and other software tools as required.
- Work independently and as a team with project managers, software engineers, data analysts, data scientists, data engineers and other stakeholders to include other contractors supporting other business systems requirements.
- Ensure data accuracy, availability, integrity, and confidentiality, and continuously evaluate new technologies for possible adoption and improvements to performance of existing solutions.
- Support the USG in accreditation and documentation tasks for SOFRRAS to obtain and maintain an Interim Authority to Test (IATT), Authority to Operate (ATO), and/or Privacy Impact Assessment (PIA).
What you'll need to have:
- Active SECRET Clearance required
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree from a U.S. accredited college.
- Three (3) or more years of recent experience in full-stack business systems engineering, within the past five (5) years, in modern web-based business system engineering analysis and agile software project management support
- Three (3) or more years of experience in modern web-based business system engineering support also including stakeholder engagement, problem solving, conflict resolution, negotiation, requirements collection, technical documentation, system testing and operations, and user support and training.
- Experience using Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) or Azure DevSecOps Server is not required but is highly desired.
- Experience and knowledge of relational database concepts and client-server concepts.
- Prior experience working in NSW is preferred but not required
- Prior experience working on-site with a government customer is preferred but not required