Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
NSWC - Sr. Application Developer
at Apogee Engineering
Apogee is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer – Application Developer to support the Naval Special Warfare Command Information Officer (CIO/NSWC N85) at the Naval Amphibious Base in Coronado, CA (Relocation assistance is available). This position is part of a team providing business systems project management, systems architecture, and Development Operations (DevSecOps) support to meet force-wide business systems planning and engineering requirements. NSW Command, Control, Communications, Computers, and Intelligence (C4I) Business Systems are defined as integrated information technology solutions used by NSW to perform various automation, administration, and management functions across the enterprise. Current and planned business systems include:
- NSW Training & Readiness Management System (NTRMS)
- Special Operations Forces Resources, Requirements & Assessment System (SOFRRAS)
- NSW Psychological Assessment & Selection System (NPASS)
- NSW Enterprise Readiness Assessment Program (ERAP)
- NSW Continuum of Leadership Development (CLD)
- NSW Readiness for SOF Transition (R4ST)
This includes additional DevSecOps support for NSWCEN Student Management System (SMS) and Learning Management System (LMS). These systems are used to capture and view data, automate processes, increase productivity, report readiness, provide learning, measure performance, enhance resilience, and perform other business functions.
Why work with us?
Apogee Engineering, LLC is a growing provider of expertise across an array of Defense and Civilian customers. Our company was founded on the commitment of making a positive difference regardless of agenda or personality. This commitment, infused with integrity and a passion for excellence, has propelled Apogee into the ranks of an elite small business company, known for unwavering dedication to their client's success, a warm and family-like work environment, and an enthusiasm to providing the right solution at the right time.
What you'll be doing:
- Provide agile data and business systems software engineering to include analysis of business needs and systems flow, and shall determine software, database, data storage and usage requirements while engineering solutions to facilitate business work processes.
- Regularly work with agile software engineering programming languages and technologies, including software integration with data warehouses, data marts, and data lakes
- Provide full-stack systems software engineering support for the enterprise-wide implementation of SOFRRAS.
- Support all aspects of full-stack software engineering including the integration of platforms and features across multiple subsystems.
- Support the Government in system lifecycle sustainment operations for software configuration, testing, training, release, DevSecOps, and operations.
- Analyze information and user requirements, design and debug software, and document technical notes within the Government Off the Shelf (GOTS) software.
- Provide software testing, problem solving, requirements collection, stakeholder collaboration, user support, DevSecOps support, and system maintenance.
- Plan, create, and manage databases, develop back-end systems functionality, and design Application Programming Interfaces.
- Integrate web applications and data systems with back-end systems and databases.
- Support the USG in tasks for accreditation, scans, and documentation to obtain an Interim Authority to Test (IATT), Authority to Operate (ATO), and Privacy Impact Assessment (PIA).
- Continuously maintain and update technology stacks.
What you'll need to have:
- Active SECRET Clearance required
- Active DOD IAT Level II certification (e.g. Sec , SSCP, CCNA Security, GSEC)
- Three (3) or more years of recent experience in full-stack business systems engineering, within the past five (5) years
- Skills in web application software engineering utilizing the following is strongly preferred:
- Prior experience working in NSW is preferred but not required
- Prior experience working on-site with a government customer is preferred but not required