Applied Systems Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sales Consultant - Southern California/Nevada Territory
at Applied Systems Inc
Applied Systems, Inc., a worldwide leader in insurance technology, is currently searching for a Sales Consultant – Southern California/Nevada Territory to be the leading force in hunting for new business and expanding our current client base. Sales Consultants are responsible for a combination of hunting and farming. Approximately 70% of your time will be spent selling enterprise business solutions to new accounts, which will consist of independent insurance agencies with 10-74 users, and 30% will be spent on up-selling/cross-selling to agencies with 25-74 users. Sales Consultants work closely with our knowledgeable team of Solution Consultants to create business plans that will show how our SaaS and cloud-computing products can allow potential clients to more efficiently and effectively reach their goals. As a Sales Consultant with Applied Systems you will hunt for new business, and will be relied upon to prospect, cold call, open doors, set appointments, and ultimately close the sale. This is a full-time, base plus commission role with an uncapped compensation structure, requiring frequent travel within an assigned geographic territory.
- Represent Applied Systems at industry events and tradeshows
- Follow up on additional leads provided by our Business Development Group in a timely fashion
- Work with sales team and management to identify new target areas and opportunities
- Maintain customer relationship after sale to cultivate referral base
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THIS JOB
- Bachelor’s degree in business, sales, or marketing, or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years successful outside required, business-to-business technology solution sales experience and/or business development experience preferred
- Formal solution sales training highly preferred
- Self-starter and motivated individual who is disciplined, creative, and independent
- A valid driver’s license and safe driving record is required
WHO WE ARE
- LEADING GLOBAL PROVIDER OF CLOUD-BASED INSURANCE SOFTWARE- Applied Systems develops the top two Insurance Agency/Broker Management software products in the world. In addition, we also provide innovative mobile apps, Data Analytics, Customer Self-Service, Insurer Connectivity & Rating, eServicing, Benefits Design, and CRM software products. By automating the insurance lifecycle, Applied’s people and products enable millions of people around the world to safeguard and protect what matters most.
- CLOUD SOLUTIONS & PROFESSIONAL SERVICES- We offer cloud solutions, implementation and education services, 24x7 technical support, and consulting services that are built specifically for our clients.
- AWARD WINNING TECHNOLOGY- We have been voted the 2019 Best Cloud-Based Software Solutions Provider in the insurance industry (2019 Corporate Excellence Awards), the 2019 Digital Service Provider of the Year (Corporate Insider) and are ranked #56 in the Cloud Top 500 report for the largest cloud application vendors in the world (Apps That Run the World).
- GOOGLE’S INVESTMENT IN APPLIED- Google/CapitalG made a minority investment in Applied that will spur AI, machine learning, and digital marketing innovation in the global insurance industry.
- CLIENTS- We provide technology to over 160k users within insurance agencies, brokerages, and carriers throughout the US, Canada, the UK, and Ireland.
- EMPLOYEES- Applied currently has 1,700+ employees across the US, Canada, the UK, and Ireland.
COMPANY CULTURE & PERKS
- JOIN A GREAT TEAM- We believe that success comes from a dynamic working environment that offers professionals an opportunity to grow and succeed alongside extraordinary people. We encourage idea sharing, problem solving, and teamwork in our environment.
- FUN PARTIES & PERKS- Fun perks are a staple at Applied, including holiday parties with games and contests, summer celebrations employee appreciation events, art contests, employee discount programs, free bagel and fruit on Tuesdays, and more!
- OPPORTUNITIES FOR ADVANCEMENT- We are a growing company that offers career opportunities, and not just “another job”. Applied believes in growing our employees and promoting from within, offering many opportunities for professional advancement along the way!
- CAREER STABILITY & LONGEVITY- Our average employee tenure is 14 years!
- CULTURE OF RECOGNITION- Applied provides a culture of employee recognition with our Circle of Excellence program, and our internal social network recognition program.
- APPLIED CARES- We have a culture that embraces and promotes volunteerism. Applied encourages our employees to help local charities and communities through the ‘Applied Cares’ program
BENEFITS & REWARDS
- BENEFITS FROM DAY ONE- Applied offers Medical, Rx, Dental, Vision, Virtual Doctors’ Appointments, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, Critical Illness, Group Accident, and Wellness Incentives to ensure employees are covered from day one.
- FINANCIAL PEACE OF MIND- In addition to wellness benefits, Applied offers traditional and Roth 401k options, with employer match. Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Short and Long Term Disability, and Business Travel Accident insurance are also offered.
- WORKLIFE BALANCE- There is more to life than work: that is why Applied offers benefits to help balance your work and home life. We offer competitive paid vacation time, personal/sick time, paid holidays, paid parental leave, volunteer time off, and a free day off for your birthday!
TO LEARN MORE
- Please visit AppliedSystems.com.
Applied Systems welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.