Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Water Resources Engineer (EIT)
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our San Diego Water Resources Group as a Water Resources Engineer (EIT).
The candidate will be involved on projects related to flood control design, watershed management, storm water master planning, and FEMA studies. The preferred applicant will have experience in flood control design, drainage design, hydrologic and hydraulic methods and modeling. Experience with low impact development and water quality standards is preferable.
- Assignments have clear and specified objectives and require the investigation of a limited number of variables. Duties usually include the following:
- Designs and develops plans and drawings, which may include the development of preliminary layout and/or final drawings.
- Organizes and conducts engineering investigations and planning work which have a well-defined scope. Outlines and prepares relatively straightforward reports of sections of more complex reports, working under the periodic review of a more experienced professional.
- Provides engineering services during construction activities by reviewing shop drawings for conformance with specifications; prepares records and progress reports defining construction progress; observes construction procedures under the guidance of a more experienced professional, and evaluates the results from quality control testing.
- Researches feasibility of alternative design approaches, site conditions, and regulatory agency specifications.
- Contributes to the development of specifications and permit applications, and writes miscellaneous reports.
- Prepares preliminary man-hour, cost and material quantity estimates.
- Participates in quality control checks, maintaining quality standards in all work produced, checking computations, and/or reviewing designs and drawings performed by others.
- Coordinates with other disciplines as required.
- Performs field observations of construction where appropriate.
- Performs such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
B.S. or M.S. in Civil Engineering. This level my be achieved by Engineers with 2 years' experience since B.S. or 1 year since M.S. The typical incumbent has 3 to 5 years' experience since Bachelor's degree.
Good technical writing, computer and communications skills are required. Experience and familiarity with the following programs is preferred: ArcGIS, HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, Ras2D, FLO-2D, FlowMaster, WSPG, XPSWMM, AutoCAD/Microstation.
E.I. or EIT is usually required.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Pleaseconsult our PrivacyNotice to know moreabout how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that youhave read and accept our Privacy Notice.