Ausgar Technologies Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Network Engineer IV - 19-029
at Ausgar Technologies Inc.
- 02-Jul-2019 to 24-Nov-2019 (PST)
- San Diego, CA, USA
- Full Time
AUSGAR Technologies, Inc., an EOE Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans employer, is a rapidly growing Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) Department of Defense, government contractor with core competencies in Information Assurance, Cyber Security and Systems Engineering. With offices on both the East and West coasts, an inviting culture and above-standard benefits, opportunity abounds for the right individual!
We have an exciting NEW opportunity for a Network Engineer IV to join Team AUSGAR's smart, innovative, technical team members.
Network Engineer IV - 19-029
This position will provide development and test support to the network design, integration and test of the US Navy's Unmanned Carrier Aviation (UCA) Unmanned Carrier Aviation Mission Control System (UMCS) for the MQ-25A STINGRAY.
The MQ-25 system will deliver a robust organic refueling capability to make better use of our combat strike fighters and extend the range of our aircraft carriers. The system will be a critical part of the future CVW and will enhance carrier capability and versatility for the Joint Forces Commander through the integration of a persistent, sea-based aerial refueling Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS) into the Carrier Air Wing (CVW).
Additional information: https://www.navy.mil/navydata/fact_display.asp?cid=4350&tid=800&ct=4
- Provide integration and testing of the UCA network dependencies such as Automated Digital Network System (ADNS), Consolidated Afloat Networks, Enterprise Services (CANES) and Unmanned Mission Control Station (UMCS).
- Position will involve configuring and troubleshooting devices on test beds, developing and testing new network technologies within UCA and UMCS devices and integrating these technologies on ADNS and CANES via the ADNS Engineering Change Proposal (ECP) and Configuration Management (CM) process.
- This position requires extensive experience in various network management tools, storage-area-network technologies, network protocols, encryption and quality of services, performance analysis and collaboration.
- Develop network-based interfaces and routing equipment required to control the Stingray drone and integration into ADNS is primary focus for development team.
- The Test Team primary focus is supporting NAVAIR Test Events which integrates UCA dependencies of ADNS, CANES and UMCS.
Total Years of Related Experience for Position: 8-16 years of network engineering experience
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- BS in Engineering or Computer science-related field or equivalent years of experience.
- A professional-level network certification required, such as CCNP or CCDP.
- Operating system IAT level III preferred.
- Experience with planning and providing networking architectures.
- Support the design and implementation of network custom software used to monitor, maintain and control network devices.
- Design and build test bed setup to test and evaluate new network technology and equipment for new design/version changes to ANTS, ADNS, CANES and UMCS. Design UCA test plans and test procedures with end to end communication of all related dependencies.
- Provide written documentation of ANTS system design and operation.
- Generate Visio diagrams and drawings depicting ANTS and ADNS traffic flows.
- Participate during the research, study, review and analysis for new network initiatives, Engineering Change Requests (ECRs), Test Observance Reports (TORs) and budget proposals and tracking.
- Plan of Action & Milestones (POA&M) scheduling, network purchases, network test bed management and implementation.
- Possess vast knowledge and skills in working with difference networks devices and network technologies, including switches and routers, network devices, encryption devices (GD and ViaSat) and technologies from Cisco.
- Must have extensive experience with networking concepts related to networking hardware/software, to include LAN, WAN and Wireless technologies/architectures and procedures within network engineering/technical disciplines.
- Implement network and operating System Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) to secure all aspects of the network.
- Assist in providing ATO and IATT packages for all UCA lab environments.
- Strong technical writing and verbal skills.
- Research, optimize and implement network concepts, including but not limited to, Open Shortest Path First (OSPF), Quality of Service (QoS), Wide Area Network (WAN) optimization, data-in-transit (DIT) and data-at-rest (DAR) encryption.
- Document new and advanced networking concepts.
- Create, manage and optimize out of band (OOB) network management systems utilizing server virtualization.
- Oversee, lead and supervise other employees assigned to the task.
- Able to provide computer support for all Microsoft-Windows-based systems and Unix-based systems, specifically RHEL.
- This would include system admin tasks, troubleshooting tasks and security compliance tasks for these systems.
- Support UCA testing during and after normal work hours on an as-needed or rotating basis.
- Ability to travel up to 20%.
- Must possess an active US Secret clearance.
An essential qualification for this position is successfully obtaining a security clearance issued by the Federal Government, which may require successful completion of a background check.
AUSGAR Technologies, Inc.is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. AUSGAR Technologies, Inc.is committed to engaging in affirmative action to increase employment opportunities for females, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. We are an EOE - Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.