Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Line Cook - Full-Time
at Benihana Restaurants
- # of Openings
- Store #
- Doing Business As
- Benihana San Diego
- Business Unit
- Benihana International Inc.
- Position Type
Responsible for all grilled, broiled, fried and sautéed items prepared in the kitchen. Preparation and portioning of food items prior to cooking, such as tempura items, sauces, and grilled items. Other duties include plating and garnishing cooked items. Responsible for maintaining a sanitary kitchen workstation.
In accordance with Benihana’s service and cooking procedures:
- Prepares or directs preparations of all recipes in compliance with portions sizes, quality standards, department rules, policies and procedures in the Benihana Kitchen Guide and the Employee Handbook.
- Prepares an extensive variety of cold and hot food items utilizing standardized recipes.
- Prepares specially requested items.
- Plan food production to coordinate with meal serving hours so that excellence, quality, temperature, and appearance of food is preserved.
- Selects/utilizes knives, hand tools, utensils and equipment to portion, cut, slice, broil, roast, carve, skewer, garnish, maintain holding temperature, grill or otherwise produce food on the kitchen line.
- Comply with established sanitation standards, personal hygiene, and health standards, observe proper food preparation and handling techniques as outlined in the Benihana Kitchen Guide and Employee Handbook.
- Keeps Head Kitchen Chef informed of inventories.
- Report necessary equipment repair and maintenance to the Manager.
- Brings to the attention of the Head Kitchen Chef any unsanitary equipment, storage/work areas and/or products.
- Communicates with Lead Line Cook to facilitate customer orders efficiently and within required ticket times.
- Follows all federal, state, and local laws, codes and regulations outlined by the General Manager and the Employee Handbook.
- Keep work area neat, organized and clean at all times; clean and maintain equipment used in food preparation.
- Performs other duties as assigned by a supervisor.
Experience and Education:
- Experience in the restaurant industry is a plus.
- Bilingual preferred.
- A high school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Must be 18 years of age.
Food Knowledge, Preparation, Production and Safety: Ability to prepare food for consumption with background knowledge of proper techniques and equipment to be used. Knowledge of industry standards on beverage and food storage and handling techniques is highly desirable. Where applicable, holds a state and/or local food handlers card.
Physical Demands: Must be able to perform a variety of physical activities including, but not limited to, standing for long periods of time, climbing, walking, bending, reaching, stooping and lifting up to 55 lbs. Ability to carry and lift cookware (pots, pans, etc) containing hot or cool foods and liquids. Ability to use sharp knives and cooking utensils. Must be able to use cleaning compounds and cleaning products. Must be able carry large bins filled with dishes, silverware and other eating utensils. Exposure to hot and/or cold temperatures required (stove, freezer, etc.)
Shift Flexibility: Must be able to work different shifts, include holidays, nights and weekends. Must be able to work overtime as required.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network! Text "Benihana" to 51893.