Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Process Development Associate - Conjugation
at BioLegend, Inc.
BioLegend develops world-class, cutting-edge antibodies and reagents for biomedical research, manufactured in our state-of-the-art facility in San Diego, CA. Our mission is to accelerate research and discovery by providing the highest quality products at an outstanding value, along with superior customer service and technical support. Our product expertise covers a diverse set of research areas including Immunology, Neuroscience, Cancer, Stem cells, and Cell Biology.
BioLegend’s Process Development Associate will be responsible for performing all essential functions related to antibody-fluorescence and oligo conjugation, including following Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and batch records and maintaining and analyzing lot histories.
The Process Development Associate will be an integral member of a team that ensures the highest quality of our finalized antibody products. This position offers the opportunity to gain experience with different types of conjugation chemistries and different chromatography methods to purify conjugated antibodies and offers the opportunity to work in small scale to large scale product projects and to learn to utilize the (Enterprise Resource Planning) ERP database to track production schedules and deadlines and to enter production results. This position will also perform troubleshooting of problematic products, including continuous improvement methodologies for efficiency.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Perform antibody-oligo or fluorescent dye conjugation, purification and in process testing
- Complete production orders in a timely manner
- Follow SOPs and batch records
- Prepare buffers and dilutions
- Perform spectrophotometer, centrifugation, and column chromatography
- Use lab equipment such as balance, pipette, spectrophotometer, UV detector, agarose gel electrophoresis, and pH meter
- Other duties as assigned
- innovate – Be better, keep improving, be more efficient, creative, and be in the forefront of development
- Aspire – Have desire, purpose, and ambition challenging ourselves to push the limits and reach new heights
- Collaborate – Foster teamwork, common goals, selflessness, communication and mutual support
- Transform – Adapt, learn, re-invent and change for future development and growth
Minimum Qualifications – Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, or other related area
- 1-3 years of relevant lab experience related to protein chemistry
- Possess a basic understanding of antibody and protein structure and how antibody conjugation is performed
- Ability to perform column chromatography and the ability to use a spectrophotometer, UV detector, and fraction collector
- Familiarity with ERP/MRP databases to execute production orders
- Ability to meet important deadlines and due dates related to antibody conjugation
- Ability to multi task to ensure that production is carried out more efficiently
Preferred Qualifications – Education and Experience
- Previous antibody conjugation skills and experience
- Previous ERP knowledge
- ISO 13485 knowledge
Work Environment & Physical Demands
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in a laboratory environment with occasional data entry on a computer. Occasional exposure to a warehouse environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel, or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, talk and hear.