Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Product Development Associate I - Purification
at BioLegend, Inc.
BioLegend develops world-class, cutting-edge antibodies and reagents for biomedical research, manufactured in our state-of-the-art facility in San Diego, CA. Our mission is to accelerate research and discovery by providing the highest quality products at an outstanding value, along with superior customer service and technical support. Our product expertise covers a diverse set of research areas including Immunology, Neuroscience, Cancer, Stem cells, and Cell Biology.
The Product Development Associate I position is an important member of the New Clones Team, which develops new antibody-producing cell lines for BioLegend products. The position is responsible for basic purification responsibilities. This is a great opportunity to enhance your knowledge in the biotechnology industry and to be part of BioLegend, a fast growing company that will provide you with the skills and experience necessary to thrive in the Biotech Industry.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Conduct purification of IgG and IgM antibodies
- Update databases as needed
- Submit samples as needed
- Maintain supplies
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and other documentation to perform job functions
- innovate – Be better, keep improving, be more efficient, creative, and be in the forefront of development.
- Aspire – Have desire, purpose, and ambition challenging ourselves to push the limits and reach new heights.
- Collaborate – Foster teamwork, common goals, selflessness, communication and mutual support
- Transform - Adapt, learn, re-invent and change for future development and growth.
Minimum Qualifications - Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, or Science
- 1 year of relevant lab experience in tissue culture and sterile technique, protein purification, or use of lab instrumentation in an industry setting
Preferred Qualifications – Education and Experience
Industry experience in mammalian tissue culture or protein purification
Work Environment & Physical Demands
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in a laboratory environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel, or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, talk and hear.