Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Product Specialist - Marketing
at BioLegend, Inc.
BioLegend develops world-class, cutting-edge antibodies and reagents for biomedical research, manufactured in our state-of-the-art facility in San Diego, CA. Our mission is to accelerate research and discovery by providing the highest quality products at an outstanding value, along with superior customer service and technical support. Our product expertise covers a diverse set of research areas including Immunology, Neuroscience, Cancer, Stem cells, and Cell Biology.
The BioLegend Marketing department has an exciting new opportunity for a Product Specialist to provide support functions for the Product Management and Product Release teams. This position will provide essential functions for the launch of new products, including review of content to be published to Technical Data Sheets, assigning Marketing categories to new products, working on competitive intelligence programs, and supporting the Marketing of new and existing products. This position reports to the Senior Manager, Product Realization and Marketing.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Review the information and data for new product release Technical Data Sheets to ensure accuracy and quality, in a timely manner.
- Assign Marketing categories for new product release activities as needed, such as the review and edit of protocols, manuals, and other product documentation.
- Conduct Competitive Intelligence on pricing, promotions, and strategies.
- Work with Product Managers, R&D, Technical Marketing, and Marketing Communications to help implement Marketing campaigns and strategies to support the sales growth of all product lines.
- Assist in writing and editing marketing content as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- innovate – Be better, keep improving, be more efficient, creative, and be in the forefront of development.
- Aspire – Have desire, purpose, and ambition challenging ourselves to push the limits and reach new heights.
- Collaborate – Foster teamwork, common goals, selflessness, communication and mutual support
- Transform - Adapt, learn, re-invent and change for future development and growth.
Minimum Qualifications - Education and Experience
- 1 year of experience in a Marketing or related role
- PhD with broad knowledge in as many of these research fields as possible: Immunology, neuroscience, cell biology, and genomics
- Experience with flow cytometry
- Must be able to effectively search and read primary literature, and be knowledgeable with research tools including websites, databases and instrumentation
- Must be a self-starter, highly motivated, dependable, and a team player
- Strong problem solving, analytical, and quantitative skills, and the ability to work independently and effectively in a team environment
- Good communication skills, friendly, team player, software skills: Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
Preferred Qualifications – Education and Experience
- High level technical expertise
Work Environment & Physical Demands
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office setting. Occasional exposure to a laboratory environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel, or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, talk and hear.