Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Research Associate- Proteogenomics
at BioLegend, Inc.
BioLegend develops world-class, cutting-edge antibodies and reagents for biomedical research, manufactured in our state-of-the-art facility in San Diego, California. Our mission is to accelerate research and discovery by providing the highest quality products at an outstanding value, along with superior customer service and technical support. Our product expertise covers a diverse set of research areas including Immunology, Neuroscience, Cancer, Stem cells, and Cell Biology.
BioLegend is seeking a highly motivated Research Associate to join our fast-growing, dynamic and collaborative Proteogenomics team in San Diego. This position will work with both R&D and Manufacturing Scientists at various stages of the development, optimization and validation of new TotalSeq products.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to performing mammalian cell culture, flow cytometry, operating various liquid handling platforms, preparing dilutions/titrations, sequencing library preparation, and various cellular analysis techniques.
- Prepare and handle biological samples (human blood, animal blood and tissues, mammalian cell lines)
- Prepare and handle DNA and RNA samples and perform molecular biology assays including PCR, Q-PCR, RNA-Seq, etc.
- Perform cell biology, biochemistry, and other experiments as projects require
- Design and execute experiments and analyze and report results
- Maintain clear and accurate documentations following company policies and ISO requirements
- Programming, operation, and maintenance of various liquid handling platforms
- Working with R&D and Manufacturing scientists to establish SOPs for the automated execution of various procedures
- Work with the Quality Assurance team to validate SOPs for automation and to establish training programs for the performance of such procedures in a manner following company quality standard policies and ISO requirementsMaintain facilities, lab equipment and supplies as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
The BioLegend Way- iACT
- innovate – Be better, keep improving, be more efficient, creative, and be in the forefront of development
- Aspire – Have desire, purpose, and ambition challenging ourselves to push the limits and reach new heights
- Collaborate – Foster teamwork, common goals, selflessness, communication and mutual support
- Transform – Adapt, learn, re-invent and change for future development and growth
Minimum Qualifications – Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s level scientist with 2 years of industry experience with cell biology assays and NGS
- Experience working with molecular biology techniques required for various NGS library preparations
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Experience with basic molecular biology techniques and mammalian cell culture
- Good record keeping practices
- Knowledge of lab safety protocols
- Ability to effectively advance multiple projects simultaneously and to work in a team environment
Work Environment & Physical Demands
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in a laboratory environment with occasional data entry on a computer. Occasional exposure to a warehouse environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel, or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, talk and hear.