Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Scientist - Custom Assay Development
at BioLegend, Inc.
BioLegend has an opening for a Scientist for our biomarker Immunoassay business group. In this role, you will be responsible for developing custom biomarker immunoassays, which will require communicating with customers about application needs, evaluating the feasibility of custom products, and leading the development of the custom assays. The Scientist will also have opportunity to supervise Research Associates and to interact and collaborate with internal and external colleagues on joint projects.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide scientific leadership and technical expertise
- Interact with internal and external customers
- Design, optimize, and validate new assay products under ISO13485
- Generate and review documents including Standard Operating Procedures, DMRs, and project records
- Review literature, evaluate new product leads, and contribute to scientific discussions and collaborations
- Other duties as assigned
The BioLegend Way - iACT
- innovate – Be better, keep improving, be more efficient, creative, and be in the forefront of development.
- Aspire – Have desire, purpose, and ambition challenging ourselves to push the limits and reach new heights.
- Collaborate – Foster teamwork, common goals, selflessness, communication and mutual support.
- Transform – Adapt, learn, re-invent and change for future development and growth.
Minimum Qualifications - Education and Experience
- PhD in Life Sciences such as Biochemistry, Immunology, or Cell Biology, or biomedical sciences
- Commercial product development and commercialization experience, particularly antibody-based assays
- Critical analysis skills and independent thinking
- Highly motivated and self-driven
- Multitasking in fast paced environment
Preferred Qualifications – Education and Experience
- 2 years of industry experience in multiplex immunoassays
- 2 years of industry experience working with customers
- Supervisory experience working with associates
- Essential knowledge in biomarkers involved in health and diseases
Work Environment & Physical Demands
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in a laboratory environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel, or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, talk and hear.