Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Production Planner
at BioLegend, Inc.
BioLegend develops world-class, cutting-edge antibodies and reagents for biomedical research, manufactured in our state-of-the-art facility in San Diego, CA. Our mission is to accelerate research and discovery by providing the highest quality products at an outstanding value, along with superior customer service and technical support. Our product expertise covers a diverse set of research areas including Immunology, Neuroscience, Cancer, Stem cells, and Cell Biology.
BioLegend has an opening for a Senior Production Planner to work in a high volume, fast paced, and growing biotech company. This individual will coordinate and expedite production according to demand and quality standards, and will ensure our products are produced on time for distribution. You will also use your results-driven work ethic and your stellar problem-solving skills to assist with planning projects that have special requirements and documentation.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Create Production orders in the ERP system.
- Production Order Follow-up for on time delivery of production requirements.
- Prioritize and Expedite Production Orders
- Monitor Material Sell-by and Expiration Dating
- Audit safety stock levels and item rank ABC production plan model.
- Review Forecast information and update item settings
- Process distributor replenishment requisitions
- Monitor and coordinate Capacity plan with production departments
- Review Master Schedule and adhere to monthly, weekly and daily schedule.
- Review rolling year and monthly production plan.
- Determine and track KPI metrics for planning group
- Communicate with business units regarding production needs and escalations
- Follow-up on Production Escalations and backorder fulfillment
- Organize and complete Planning related projects and process improvements
- Communicate timely responses to company departments/divisions in relation to; emails, ETA requests, scheduling, work order information requests
- Review company processes, make suggestions and implement practical process updates
- Release Work Orders based on demand, material availability and work center capacity
- Optimize material stocking levels for sell-by and expiration dates and take appropriate actions (retest, extend, use up) to minimize obsolescence/scrap
- Review ERP Reorder Point messages and/or MRP suggestions and take appropriate actions
- Create and maintain documentation (SOP’s, Forms, Checklists) to ensure all processes are documented
- Mentor junior planning team members
- Ensures compliance with company and department policies, procedures, checklists
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Accountability - Accepting responsibility that results in anticipation/prevention of problem areas from actions, and problem solving inside and outside the department/organization.
- Dependability - Amount of supervision required, punctuality and attendance.
- Quality of Work - Setting high standards regarding his/her work and working environment and acting accordingly; developing quality standards, continuously evaluating performance, products, and procedures; actively seeking ways to improve quality.
- Teamwork - Working as a productive member of a cohesive group toward a common goal, and contributing to team development and effective team dynamics
Minimum Qualifications - Education and Experience
- BA/BS or equivalent work experience in the areas of Business Administration, Science, Operations, Supply Chain, or other relevant field
- 8 years of production planning experience
- 3 years of experience working in an ISO13485 environment
- Previous experience with Materials Requirements Planning (MRP) or Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems
Preferred Qualifications – Education and Experience
- Prior experience utilizing Microsoft Dynamics NAV
- Prior experience handling multiple product lines with high volume and high mix of SKU’s preferred
- Ability to multi-task, work at a fast pace and handle a high volume workload
- Prior experience managing products with expiration dating
- Microsoft Office suite with Intermediate to advanced Excel skills (v-lookup, charts, graphs, etc.).
- Familiarity with ISO or GMP regulatory compliance requirements
- Excellent communication (verbal, written), customer service, analytical and problem solving skills
- Prior experience in life science, biotechnology industry or process manufacturing industry
- Understanding of Lean Six Sigma, JIT, Kanban concepts
Work Environment & Physical Demands
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office setting.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel, or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, talk and hear.