Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Supply Chain Manager
at BREG Incorporated
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity?
We currently have a full-time opening for a Supply Chain Manager in Carlsbad, CA. If you are looking for a fast paced environment where you can make a difference every day, then this is the opportunity for you! This position oversees activities related to supply planning and procurement of goods and services such as raw materials, parts, components, supplies, and equipment in support of New Product Introduction (NPI) as well as commercially released products. S/he will manage the daily activities of buyers to accomplish company objectives, review and approve purchases as authorized, develop policies and procedures for the operation of procurement activities and coordinate purchasing activities with other departments to maintain inventories at planned levels. This individual will demonstrate strong project organization and ownership of the development process as it pertains to supply chain, timely and flawless execution of program and organizational goals, and strong supplier relationship management.
Your day will be very busy… this position:
- Owns day to day tactical purchasing oversight and execution.
- Ensures supply planning tools are maintained, and reviewed for accuracy, and acted upon by the team.
- Designs, implements, and maintains supply chain processes that support business strategies and are flexible to changing market conditions, new business opportunities, or cost reduction strategies.
- Monitors inventory performance to target and takes action as needed to ensure continuity of supply.
- Anticipates unfavorable events through analysis of data and prepare control strategies; communicates issues with key internal partners, manages and mitigates risk.
- Defines, tracks, and reports performance metrics for measurement, comparison, or evaluation of supply chain factors, such as customer service, lead times, delivery to promise, delivery to request, etc.
- Provides leadership, insight, and support on cross functional New Product Introduction teams.
- Manages and develops supplier relationships though original sourcing, selection, contracting, pricing, and performance measurement processes.
- Examines and provides analysis regarding existing supply agreements.
- Manages and ensures organizational adherence to established Purchasing Policy.
- Assesses staff and provides timely and consistent feedback regarding technical proficiency and effectiveness. Provides constructive feedback, guidance, and reinforcement to employees regarding job performance. Works with staff to identify work goals and create individual development plans. Evaluates training programs to ensure content meets staff needs.
- Leadership responsibilities include the selection, development, performance management and continuous recalibration of staff; ensures appropriate staffing levels and resource allocation; performs administrative tasks associated with timekeeping, pay, performance, policy administration and other matters related to employment.
The right person to join our team...
Demonstrates effective negotiation and networking ability; ownership and accountability; the ability to plan, execute, control and deliver; to communicate effectively both written and verbal; to lead and influence others effectively. Demonstrates critical thinking in their ability to define complex problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to analyze both international legal and business situations and extract critical elements for decision making process, present them as alternatives with associated risks and describe the recommended solution from a business standpoint. Must be able to develop processes and procedures as well as identify when the processes and procedures do not apply in a specific situation and handle exceptions as needed
What your background will be:
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, logistics, business administration or other related field of study required.
- 8 years relevant experience to include 2 years’ experience as a procurement, planning, or supply chain manager are required.
- Knowledge of strategic sourcing, planning, and procurement techniques is required.
- New Product Introduction experience in a medical device environment is preferred.
- Experience in collecting and analyzing data.
- Interest in market dynamics along with business sense.
- Computer proficient to include web browser/internet search, MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point capabilities. Technical competence includes the ability to learn new software and systems.
For four consecutive years Breg has been awarded The National Business Research Institute (NBRI) Circle of Excellence Award for employee engagement AND Breg has been awarded as one of the Best Places to work in San Diego in 2014 by “The U-T San Diego Top Workplaces”
If you meet the requirements above and would like to apply for this position, please visit our website at www.breg.com and click on the ‘Careers’ section.
Breg is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and dedicated to a diverse work force and Drug Free work environment. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.