Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
QA Auditor - Medical Device Software
- Assessment Delivery
- Contract Type
- Perm Full-Time
- Hiring Manager
- Paul Mayon
BSI is seeking a qualified ISO/13845 Quality Assurance Auditor. We are willing to train the right candidate to be fully qualified. The individual will be responsible for delivering BSI’s audit services to assigned clients in accordance with all BSI, scheme and regulatory requirements to assure timely, cost effective service delivery that assures satisfaction of our customer needs.
The ideal candidate will need to have experience working on medical device software. This includes software that powers medical devices from a pace maker to an MRI machine.
- Analyze quality systems and assess ISO 13485 and CE Marking.
- Responsible for attending any required training and following all procedures/processes/policies within BSI for management of clients, management of a home based office, use of BSI equipment and communication both internal and external to the organization.
- Responsible for following the training plan developed by the AVP in order to reach assessor status and then Lead Assessor.
- Participate in additional training based on future business needs.
- Responsible for managing a portfolio of assigned clients based on location and a match of qualifications and client contract requirements.
- Responsible for contacting clients and scheduling the visits, planning the assessments, making travel plans, conducting the assessments and reporting and managing the results.
- Responsible for monitoring the client accounts to ensure that records, PointGlobal information, visit cycle, invoicing and other related matters are properly dealt with to assure client satisfaction is maintained.
- Responsible for leading teams, when necessary, and mentoring and coaching new or inexperienced colleagues as needed to meet the business needs.
- Any other assignments as needed to meet assessment delivery business objectives.
Our ambition is to be recognized and valued globally as a best-in-class company; a client-driven, efficiently-run, growing business. BSI has come a long way since being founded in 1901. Today, we’re a global business services organization, respected world over for the development of standards; assessment of management systems; testing and certification of products and services; providing software solutions; and the delivery of training courses. We offer diverse career paths from auditing to sales, product development to finance, and from IT to marketing.
With Over 3,300 employees’ working with over 80,000 clients in 172 countries it means that career opportunities are vast. BSI challenges mediocrity and complacency to help embed excellence into the way people and products work. That means showing businesses how to improve performance, reduce risk and achieve sustainable growth.
Our Vision: “Making excellence a habit”, it describes our way forward and our aspiration each day.
Our Mission: “To help organizations embed excellence”, and states our shared purpose.
Our Values: “Integrity – Continual improvement – Inclusivity”, guide us in the way we work and help us deliver our Vision and Mission.
What we offer:
BSI offers a competitive salary, group-sponsored health and dental, short-term and long-term disability, a company-matched 401k plan, company paid life insurance, 11 paid holidays and 4 weeks paid time off.
BSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to diversity.
This great opportunity for an ambitious professional to gain visibility within the organization.
We seek someone who meets all of the following criteria:
- Can deliver and strive for superior performance, and who can achieve challenging objectives
- Are proactive with people and can lead by example
- Can demonstrate passion for the business and can inspire others
- Have integrity, ensuring that business is conducted in an ethical manner
- Have commercial focus, understanding customers’ needs and adding value
- College degree AA or higher (or equivalent certification or work experience)
- This position requires a minimum of 100% travel to and from clients. This includes both land (car) and air travel.
- A minimum of four years of full-time hands-on work experience in the field of medical devices or related sectors (e.g. medical industry, healthcare, audit or research), including at least two years in the area of quality management. Full time hands-on direct work experience can be in one or more of the following:
- Research and development, manufacturing, service;
- the application of the device technology and its use in health care services and with patients;
- testing the devices concerned for compliance with relevant national or international standards;
- conducting performance testing, evaluation studies or clinical trials of the devices.
- A minimum of degree level qualifications relevant to medical devices and your hands-on work experience (electrical, mechanical or bioengineering / biology or microbiology / chemistry or biochemistry / computer and software technology / human physiology / medicine / pharmacy / physics or biophysics)
- In exceptional cases, a shorter duration of experience, or experience in areas not mentioned above, or education other than a degree, may be acceptable. Such cases may include, for example, individuals employed in an audit, inspectional or enforcement position for a regulatory authority whereby they have acquired and demonstrated in-depth knowledge of medical device design and manufacturing, as well as the evaluation of compliance of medical device manufacturers to standards and regulations. Such cases shall be considered on an individual basis and shall be justified and documented.