Career Systems Development Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Part-time Licensed Drug & Alcohol Counselor
at Career Systems Development Corporation
- Job ID
- Health & Wellness
- Schedule Hours
- 24 hours a week
- Schedule Days
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Interested in making a difference in young adults’ lives between the ages of 16-24? If so we may have the perfect job for you.
Job Corps is a government-funded, no-cost education and vocational training program administered by the U.S. Department of Labor that helps socioeconomically disadvantaged youth. We strive to fulfill this mission by following our Core Values of Safety, Individual Accountability, Respect, Integrity, Growth and Commitment.
Come and surround yourself with talented and professional individuals who have also taken the next step of making a difference in someone’s life.
You would not only have a great and dedicated team to work with, but you may also be eligible to take advantage of a comprehensive benefits plan which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), legal, paid holidays, vacation, and sick time.
The TEAP Specialist is responsible for the design, development and coordination of the Alcohol and Other Drugs of Abuse Prevention/Intervention Program.
- Demonstrates and abides by the Company Core Values and the operating principles.
- Designs, develops and implements all programs related to substance use and abuse prevention and intervention in conjunction with the Mental Health Consultant, Counseling and Health Services staff, center physician and Academy Director.
- Coordinates all programs designed to reduce and eliminate substance use and abuse.
- Conducts in-service training sessions with both staff and students in all areas related to substance use and abuse.
- Submits recommendations to the Academy Director for medical termination’s related to substance misuse and abuse in conjunction with the Mental Health Consultant, center physician, Health and Wellness Administrator, etc.
- Acts as liaison between center and agency resource and referral contacts.
- Monitors behavior and progress of students involved in the Alcohol and Other Drugs of Abuse Prevention/Intervention Program.
- Maintains confidential reports and records on all referrals and cases.
- Prepares and submits appropriate reports as required
- Attends required staff training sessions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Must have active, unrestricted state certification in alcohol and drug counseling. Three years work-related experience. Model company Core Values.
Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology or related field. Previous experience with disadvantaged youth, particularly in a residential setting highly desirable.
Knowledge Required: Broad-based knowledge of counseling techniques. Knowledgeable in the area of alcohol and other drugs of abuse intervention program. Ability to design, develop and implement a program related to alcohol and other drugs of abuse and intervention. Excellent communication skills, both oral and written. Training skills in both individual and group counseling methods. Ability to relate well to young adults.
All post offer candidates must complete and pass a background check and drug screen.
CSD is a leader in workforce development operating Job Corps centers throughout the U.S. since 1964 and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action / Female / Minority / Disabled / Veteran Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, child-birth, or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, disability, family care status, veteran status, marital status, military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. CSD makes reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities to apply for employment. Contact Susan Evans at (888) 308-0338 to request a reasonable accommodation.