Career Systems Development Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Substitute Vocational Instructor
at Career Systems Development Corporation
- Job ID
- Career Technical Training
Interested in making a difference in young adults’ lives between the ages of 16-24? If so we may have the perfect job for you.
Job Corps is a government-funded, no-cost education and vocational training program administered by the U.S. Department of Labor that helps socioeconomically disadvantaged youth. We strive to fulfill this mission by following our Core Values of Safety, Individual Accountability, Respect, Integrity, Growth and Commitment.
Come and surround yourself with talented and professional individuals who have also taken the next step of making a difference in someone’s life.
You would not only have a great and dedicated team to work with, but you may also be eligible to take advantage of a comprehensive benefits plan which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), legal, paid holidays, vacation, and sick time.
The Substitute Vocational Instructor performs as an instructor in a regular classroom setting, presenting instructions in designated subject areas.
- Promotes a positive and desirable atmosphere within the classroom setting to insure maximum student motivation
- Maintains a high degree of discipline within the classroom setting in order to insure maximum learning
- Establishes a high degree of student/instructor rapport
- Utilizes all possible curriculum resources available
- Responsible for the maintenance of student personnel folders
- Records and forwards daily attendance to the Student Records area
- Accountable for the cleanliness of classrooms
- Responsible for reports required by the Manager such as student/staff hours, requisitions and monthly student evaluations
- Assists Manager during scheduled inventory
Minimum: State certified, licensed or accredited by a professional trade organization. No teaching experience required, however, if candidate is not state certified he/she must have practical experience in the subject/trade area. Must have the ability to transfer topical knowledge to meet specific learning objectives.
Extensive practical knowledge of trade and teaching experience
Knowledge of methods needed to instill appropriate behavior as well as work and study habits in adolescent students; of housekeeping techniques and management; to read, comprehend, interpret, communicate and execute instructions or directives fluently in English.
All post offer candidates must complete and pass a background check and drug screen.
CSD is a leader in workforce development operating Job Corps centers throughout the U.S. since 1964 and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action / Female / Minority / Disabled / Veteran Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, child-birth, or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, disability, family care status, veteran status, marital status, military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. CSD makes reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities to apply for employment. Contact Susan Evans at (888) 308-0338 to request a reasonable accommodation.