Center for Discovery Careers
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Program Director - Eating Disorder, Residential
at Center for Discovery Careers
The Program Director is a vital leadership position and integral to the successful management of our program. The Program Director provides direction and supervision to the entire staff, including the clinicians he/she oversees. Aside from managerial responsibilities, the Program Director carries a small caseload to provide individual, family and group therapy. The Program Director provides oversight of clinical documentation and Utilization Review matters. He/she ensures that best practices are followed, both for clinical treatments and program management, in accordance with company policies and state requirements. The Program Director consults with the Regional and Executive teams on an as-needed basis to ensure the healthy functioning of the program and clinical treatment of its clients. The Program Director needs to be a licensed clinician (Psychologist, LMFT, LCSW, LPC, etc.) in the state of the program for which they are applying. The ability to provide clinical supervision for interns is a plus.
- Overseeing all aspects of the program to ensure quality
- Initiating any quality improvement measures that may be necessary
- Supervising weekly Treatment Team Meetings to ensure consistent and effective communication between treatment team members, proper oversight of client development and progress and to ensure a team approach is utilized in the treatment of our clients
- Monitoring and assessing staff morale and building team spirit and continuity; intervening and addressing any staff-related issues that are presented
- Participating in the interview process in a collaborative fashion to determine the appropriateness and qualifications of prospective staff members
- Providing adequate and ongoing training of facility employees, and sufficient oversight/supervision to ensure that all services are in keeping with the Discovery Mission Statement.
- Providing bi-monthly in-service trainings to all Professional and Counseling treatment staff. Areas of development and in-service training include but are not limited to:
- Diagnosis and Assessment
- Group Therapy
- Milieu Management
- Communication Skills
- Evaluating and apprising each member of the professional staff; completes a written narrative clearly identifying strengths, weaknesses, and goals for the coming year. These reviews to be completed after the first three months of employment and yearly thereafter
- Contributing to effective teamwork by working independently with staff to combine their skills and energies in a focused manner and in keeping with the Discovery Mission Statement
- Completing utilization reviews, overseeing primary therapist process of utilization review and assisting in the process of ensuring that all client stays are covered in some way (i.e. insurance, private pay, etc).
- Ensuring full adherence to the policy and procedure manual
- Ensuring adherence to health code policies, JACHO and licensing regulations. Provides oversight of any/all audits as necessary
- Working with staff and facility manager to arrange coverage of all shifts, ensuring adequate staffing is provided. Adjusting staffing to match census when necessary
- Serving as a positive role model to treatment staff, employees, clients and guests by maintaining a positive, caring and professional attitude
- Maintaining a client caseload as appropriate to census; assigning client cases based upon match with each therapist; providing individualized and family therapies as needed
- Co-leading process groups and/or any additional clinically-oriented groups on an as-needed basis
- Providing oversight of all other groups conducted
- Participating in the marketing plan as requested
- Maintaining collaborative relationships with outpatient treatment team professionals
- Conducting facility tours for professionals in the community or families as necessary
- Complying with the employee dress code and ensuring program staff does the same
- Completing tasks in a timely and accurate manner
- Establishing and achieving realistic goals within the position
- Attending designated meetings and/or conference calls
- Providing on-call support in conjunction with clinical staff and providing ultimate oversight when necessary
- Participating in supporting Discovery in Recovery and/or Parent Support/Alumni Groups
- Maintaining the confidential nature of resident and related activities
- May be required to travel to other facilities to attend trainings from time to time
This is a full-time position at one of our residential programs. For a virtual tour of the facility, please visit our website at centerfordiscovery.com.
- MFT, PsyD, PhD, LPC or LCSW license is required
- Managerial experience is required
- Experience in treating eating disorders as a primary diagnosis is strongly preferred
- Possesses working knowledge of psychopathology, diagnostic assessment and related treatment interventions
- Knowledge of evidence based treatments and ability to individualize treatment approaches to meet each client's needs
- Must be able to conceptualize and implement master treatment plan with fully developed problems, objectives and goals and monitor other clinicians to do the same
Why Work with Us
At Center For Discovery you will have the opportunity to work closely within a team of professionals consisting of eating disorder and mental health experts, all dedicated to promoting lasting health and healing. Clinical supervision and guidance are provided on total client care and therapeutic milieu management, as well as career growth and personal development oversight. You will develop an individualized growth plan which will help you develop your professional skills and career objectives.
- Competitive compensation
- Full medical, dental, and vision
- Paid sick time, vacation days and paid holidays
- 401k with employer match (Traditional/Roth)
- Life insurance and disability coverage (short-term/long-term)
- Supplemental benefits including FSA, HSA, and Pet Insurance
- Opportunities for additional certifications and education
Get to Know Us
Center For Discovery has a 20-year legacy of transforming lives by promoting health, healing and hope to our clients and their families. We are a national leader in behavioral healthcare and offer world-class treatment for eating disorders, mental health and substance use conditions. We serve adolescents and adults in both residential and outpatient settings. It is our mission to create a transformative therapeutic experience aimed at profoundly and creatively facilitating behavioral, emotional and spiritual growth. We place a high priority on providing an environment that supports an unlimited capacity for learning, and we seek qualified individuals who share our passion for improving the lives of those we serve. With plans for continued growth, upward job mobility makes this an ideal workplace for those who want to build a career in the behavioral health sector. Come grow with us.