Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Job TitleQA Manager
Direct and manage the quality program for Engineering and Construction (E&C) business unit to ensure that work meets the requirements of regulations, client contracts, and good work practice standards. Responsible for the selection and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure that quality standards are met during project activities.
Build, manage, and maintain a strong QA/QC team and infrastructure supporting the E&C business unit. Assure effective establishment and maintenance of the QA program for project activities (e.g., training, design engineering, procurement, operations, facilities, construction, deactivation, inspection, testing, etc.) to include:
- Managing, maintaining, and reviewing the QA Program implementing procedures, instructions and forms.
- Managing development of schedules for performance of internal audits, assessments, and surveillances on project activities to verify compliance with the QA Program and implementing procedures.
- Managing development of, coordinating and executing quality control plans to provide an expected level of ongoing quality assurance
- Implementing and maintaining the Non-Conforming Item and issues management and corrective action tracking systems to ensure timely completion of corrective actions
- Supporting project organizations and functions in resolving quality related issues and ensuring that contract and regulatory requirements are met.
- Managing QA/QC functional area budget and resources to ensure that adequate project support is maintained. Serve as the key point of QA/QC contact for E&C to their clients.
- Provide customer support and interactions to resolve potential issues, answer questions, and/or respond to requests. Establish and communicate quality assurance in the project environment in which both direct report personnel and subcontractors can achieve the safety and quality objectives of the project.
- Direct and manager oversight of subcontractors' performance. Assist in resolving quality performance issues as needed.
- Participate in the development, coordination, and scheduling, quality, safety and progress review meetings.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering, science, business or a related discipline; or equivalent combination of degree and experience
- Expertise in the establishment and administration of comprehensive QA/QC programs for projects and/or facilities
- At least ten (10) years of Quality Assurance experience -- with experience directing quality programs and managing the performance of employees through goal setting, ongoing assessment and coaching
- Proven capability to interact with various internal and external organizations and disciplines.
- Strong communication skills
- Experience in working on federal projects, with preference on Department of Defense (DoD) installations/site and environmental clean-up sites.
- Experience with US Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) specifications (UFGS).
- A USACE Construction Quality Manager (CQM) certification, Certified Quality Engineer (CQE), Certified Manager of Quality/Organizational Excellence (CMQ/OE), or Lead Auditor Certification (e.g., NQA-1 or ASQ).