City of Carlsband California
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Building Maintenance Worker (Part Time)
at City of Carlsband California
- The Position
Building Maintenance Worker (Part-Time) is the entry level class in the Maintenance Worker job category. This position performs the less difficult and more routine maintenance tasks and may assist in the performance of the more difficult, skilled task.
This position reports to the Public Works Supervisor.
This position is limited to 980 hours per fiscal year.
- Key Responsibilities
These are representative duties and the emphasis on certain duties will vary depending on the job assignment:
- Perform routine maintenance of electrical systems and equipment, and assist in semi-skilled to skilled tasks; replace fixtures, switches, ballasts, fluorescent tubes, and bulbs.
- Assist in the performance of rough in, top out, and finish plumbing to replace broken pipes; clean plugged drains; perform routine maintenance on valves, fittings, and other fixtures; assist in the installation of new plumbing fixtures.
- Assist in the maintenance and repair of mechanical systems including boilers, air conditioning, heating, and related mechanical equipment, including motors, compression, and pumps; inspect/replace belts and pulleys; perform preventative maintenance; calibrate thermostats; charge cooling systems with freon; assist in the maintenance of related electrical components, electric and pneumatic controls; may perform welding in the completion of assigned tasks.
- Repair/install/re-key locks; install/repair doors and door hardware; repair/replace windows.
- Perform minor repairs to interior and exterior building surfaces, including ceilings, walls, flooring, and roofing
- Prepare surfaces for painting; apply paint, varnish, shellac, enamel, or other protective finishes to various surfaces
- Move furniture or other heavy objects to set up City functions, or as necessary to perform assigned tasks.
- Maintain records of supplies, materials, equipment, and time spent on repairs.
- According to established procedure, purchase materials, equipment, and supplies necessary to complete a maintenance or repair task.
- Respond to emergency maintenance or repair calls.
- Assist in the coordination of contracted work, which may include first contact and inspection of completed work
To perform a job in this classification, an individual must be able to perform the essential duties as generally described in the specification. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties in a specific job. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required:
- Use and care of standard hand and power tools and equipment used in building and facility maintenance and repair
- Learn to perform building and facility maintenance tasks. Work effectively and safely, independently or with others
- Maintain routine records
- Understand and follow verbal and written directions
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Experience & Education
- One year experience performing semi-skilled and skilled tasks in one or more of the major building trades
- ADA Modifications and Compliance experience, preferred