City of Carlsband California
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Recreation Leader-Shuttle Driver (Part Time)
at City of Carlsband California
- The Position
You must possess a Class B Driver's License with Passenger Endorsement
Under the direction of the Recreation Supervisor, this position performs assigned duties relating to transporting seniors to and from home to the Center for weekday lunch, shopping, and doctor appointments. Additional duties include picking up meals from the caterers.
Scheduled hours are primarily from 8:00 AM to approximately 4:00 PM, Monday through Friday.
As a van/bus driver for the Carlsbad Senior Center, the safety of those being transported is the highest priority. This position requires an ability to perform a full range of duties as assigned, working independently and exercising good judgment. Independent judgment is required to identify, select, and apply the most appropriate of available guidelines and procedures. Candidates should have experience in working with the public and/or senior population, and should be friendly, caring, positive, patient, calm, punctual, and reliable.
- Key Responsibilities
- Provide a variety of service and support of Carlsbad Senior Center operations including: pick-up of meals from caterer
- Transport of seniors to and from home to the Senior Center or for weekday lunch, shopping and doctor's appointments
- Assist seniors on and off bus when necessary
- Conduct daily vehicle safety inspections
- Maintain daily logs
- Keep vehicles clean and gassed
- Report all maintenance and safety concerns
- Drive vehicles to Fleet Maintenance for regular service
- Assist with Kitchen/dining room operations during the time in which lunch is being
In addition to having the necessary knowledge, skills, and license to drive a passenger bus, the following qualifications are required:
- Possess excellent customer service and communication skills
- Demonstrate exceptional attention to detail
- Demonstrate ability to provide the necessary support in record keeping and report preparation
- Competence in computer skills with programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook is desired
- Must be able to take direction as well have the ability to take initiative
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
- Requires a flexible work schedule that may require occasional evening and weekend hours
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to evaluate emergency situations and act decisively and effectively to resolve them
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Knowledge of modern office procedures, methods and equipment
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 lbs.
- Possession of or ability to obtain CPR & First Aid Certification (training provided)
- California Class B Driver's License with Passenger Endorsement
- Good Driving Record
- Experience & Education
Experience in driving a 20 passenger bus and 9 passenger van/bus.