City of El Cajon
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lifeguard/Water Safety Instructor
at City of El Cajon
- Job Overview
- The City of El Cajon is looking for an individual to work on a "seasonal / part-time" basis as a Lifeguard / Water Safety Instructor from approximately June 1, 2019, through September 30, 2019.
Typical Work Schedule: Teach - Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. or 2:00 - 7:00 p.m.
Lifeguard/Cashier 2-3 days per week, 1:10-2:10 p.m. May include some Saturday mornings.
- Typical Duties
- Individuals hired for this position will perform lifeguard duties; prevent accidents; enforce rules and regulations; supervise pool and locker room; teach swimming lessons under the American Red Cross Learn to Swim Program, which would include the following classes: Parent-Tot, Tiny Tot, Learn to Swim Levels I-IV; assist during instructional classes when needed; do related reports and tasks as required; cashiering duties when assigned; perform light maintenance; and other related duties as assigned.
- Qualification Guidelines
- Minimum Age Requirement: Minimum age for applicants is 16.
Special Requirements: Possession of current certificates in: Fundamentals of Instructor Training, American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor, Lifeguard Training, First Aid for Public Safety Personnel (Title 22), and CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer.
- Photocopies of both sides of required certifications must accompany employment application to be considered.
Candidates are required to pass a physical exam (to include screening for alcohol & drugs) prior to appointment.
- Additional Information
- Application forms may be obtained in person from and submitted to:
Fletcher Hills Center and Pool
2345 Center Place, El Cajon, CA 92020orCity of El Cajon Recreation Department
200 Civic Center Way, 5th Floor,
El Cajon, CA 92020.Examination Process: Qualified candidates will be evaluated for employment consideration on the basis of a written exam and physical performance test.
An oral interview of those best qualified will be used to rank applicants for final selection.
- The written examination will cover first aid, CPR, and lifeguard training skills.
- The performance test may include a 100 meter swim under 1:45; demonstrate proficiency and endurance using five basic swim strokes; 1-minute tread water; and rescue demonstration of submerged, active/passive victims.
For additional information, visit Fletcher Hills Center & Pool, 2345 Center Place, El Cajon, CA or call (619) 441-1672 after 2:15 p.m., Monday - Friday.
NON DISCRIMINATION POLICYThe City of El Cajon does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age and handicapped status in employment or the provision of services.
200 CIVIC CENTER WAY, EL CAJON, CA 92020 - TELEPHONE (619) 441-1754