City of El Cajon
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Recreation Specialist I/II (Dance Instructor)
at City of El Cajon
Pay: $11.46 to $15.76/hour
$11.46 - $15.76
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 1332860
Overall Job Objective
- Job Overview
The City of El Cajon is currently looking for a dance instructor to teach beginning, intermediate and advanced level classes to children through senior adults. The ideal candidate must be a strong role model/leader with strong experience in jazz, ballet, and/or tap. The ideal candidate would enjoy working as part of a team, with other recreation specialists, to provide a positive, successful learning environment.
This is an excellent opportunity to work with a long established instructional dance program that embraces the philosophy that "dance is universal, we all have the ability to dance!"
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Instructing preschool dance, jazz, modern, creative dance and hip hop.
- Typical Duties
- Instructor Assignment:
- Plans, organizes and instructs classes in their area of specialization within established guidelines;
- Maintains effective discipline and safety procedures during classes;
- And does related reports and tasks as required.
- Qualification Guidelines
- Education: Educational achievement equivalent to completion of or currently attending high school. College courses in recreation or related field are desired for Operational Directors' positions; additional training in their area of specialization for instructors.Experience: Some experience with recreation programming and leading activities for children and/or adults is desired. In addition, instructors must have some experience in their area of specialization. Experience including background in preschool dance, jazz, modern, creative dance and hip hop is recommended. Prior teaching experience is preferred. Strong interpersonal skills and a desire to work with participants of all ages is required.Special Requirements: Center operational staff and instructors must have ability to obtain a CPR card and First Aid Certificate.
- Additional Information
Please click on the following link to access the complete classification specification: Recreation Specialist I and/or Recreation Specialist II
Hours: Vary (not to exceed 980 hours per year)
Work Schedule: Based upon 4 ten-week instructional sessions, classes are offered weekdays (mid-afternoon to early evening hours) and Saturday mornings.
Applications may be picked up at any City of El Cajon Recreation Center and submitted directly to the Instructional Division Offices (935 S. Emerald Avenue, El Cajon, CA 92020) during normal business hours, or mailed to:
City of El Cajon Recreation Department
200 Civic Center Way
El Cajon, CA 92020
For more information, please contact Christy McBride, 619-441-1534
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgStarting salary commensurate with experience and qualifications