City Of Oceanside, CA
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Seasonal Recreation Leader I/II
at City Of Oceanside, CA
Job Status: Contract/Temporary
Job Reference #: 2479363
Overall Job Objective
- THE CITY OF OCEANSIDE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
The City of Oceanside is accepting applications for the position of Seasonal Recreation Leader I/II. The vacancies are in the Neighborhood Services Department - Parks and Recreation Division. These positions will assist with recreation, sports programs and facility rentals.
On-going positions are available throughout the year, however these positions will be filled on an as needed basis.
We have several vacancies at the moment. Apply as soon as possible.
Positions are available at various City of Oceanside recreation facilities. Ability to work variable hours, including evenings and weekends is required.COMPENSATION:
Seasonal Recreation Leader I: $13.34 - $14.00 per hour
Seasonal Recreation Leader II: $13.34 - $16.21 per hourThese positions are temporary, hourly, extra-help which do not include medical benefits, and will not exceed 999 hours in a fiscal year.
Work permits for applicants under 18 years of age will be required before employment can begin.
- Examples of Duties
- Seasonal Recreation Leaders collect fees; prepare fund deposits; prepare reports; provide information to the public; adhere to and uphold City/Parks ordinances, policies, regulations, and notifying appropriate agencies when necessary; make recommendations regarding facility and equipment repairs and safety; lead organized sports programs such as open play, tournaments, arts and crafts, special events, field trips, activity classes, and tutoring; perform additional related work as assigned.
Facility Rentals: Seasonal Recreation Leaders facilitate event reservations by opening and closing City operated buildings and facilities reserved for meetings, classes, sporting activities, weddings, and various other events/functions. Monitor and ensure public compliance with facility rentals rules and regulations. Oversee the security of the facility, including locking doors, enforcement of building policies and patrolling of the facility; ensure a clean and safe environment of facilities reserved for rentals; respond to emergency situations and provide exceptional customer service. Perform room set up and tear down as needed.
- Minimum Qualifications
- Knowledge of:
- Basic objectives of recreational programs.
- First Aid methods and safety precautions to be used in recreational activities.
- Principles, practices, and procedures used in rendering recreational and social community programs on playgrounds, parks, and in community centers.
- Plan, organize, implement and participate in recreational and related activities.
- Keep accurate records of fees collected.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Read and interpret rules, regulations and policies of recreational games and activities.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted during the course of work.
Experience and Training: Experience working with the public or recreation programs, including childcare or education. Supervisory skills and/or leadership experience are desirable.
License/Certificate: A current, valid, California driver license. CPR and First Aid Certificates are highly desirable.
Special Requirements: Upon offer of employment, minors under the age of 18 will be required to produce a Work Permit.
- Working Conditions and Selection Process
- Environmental Conditions: Indoor and outdoor recreational facilities; public contact; exposure to computer screens.
Physical Conditions: Essential functions may require ability to work various hours and schedules including evenings, weekends and holidays; maintaining physical ability and mobility necessary for: walking, bending, stooping, crouching, kneeling, twisting or standing; heavy, moderate or light lifting; use of fingers, hands and arms for reaching, pushing, pulling; speaking and hearing to exchange information; visual acuity to read or observe and interpret information and events; and traveling to various work locations, and exposure to inclement weather.
Selection Process: All properly completed applications will be reviewed. The most appropriately qualified individuals will be invited to continue in the selection process.
Note: Prospective employees will undergo and must successfully pass, a background reference check (including fingerprinting) and a medical examination. A drug screening may be required.RESUMÉS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED IN LIEU OF COMPLETED APPLICATION FORMS BUT MAY BE ATTACHED.CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE A REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION IN THE SELECTION PROCESS SHOULD STATE THEIR NEEDS IN WRITING WHEN SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION.
THE PROVISIONS IN THIS BULLETIN DO NOT CONSTITUTE AN EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED CONTRACT. ANY PROVISION CONTAINED IN THIS BULLETIN MAY BE MODIFIED OR REVOKED WITHOUT NOTICE.