City of San Diego
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Plant Maintenance Coordinator - T11197-201908
at City of San Diego
- JOB INFORMATION
Plant Maintenance Coordinator positions plan, coordinate and supervise plant maintenance activities; perform short and long-term maintenance planning; investigate and define the maintenance work required; describe and/or develop work procedures; complete procurement activities for tools, supplies and equipment to identify procurement needs; write up documentation; obtain bids; order and complete purchasing processes; identify, order and stock tools and equipment needed; coordinate schedules with implementation supervisors; assess staffing and equipment needed; review current and backlog work orders; assist in budget development; conduct coordination meetings; assist in coordinating the effectiveness and efficiency of maintenance management systems; prepare reports; and perform other duties as assigned.
- MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- You must meet the following requirements on the date you apply, unless otherwise indicated.EXPERIENCE: Four years of full-time experience in a water or wastewater treatment plant, pump station or other industrial processing facility employing similar technologies, performing at least ONE of the following areas:
Qualifying experience must include work in at least ONE of the following areas:
- Maintenance, installation, overhaul and repair.
- Diagnosis, calibration, installation, testing and modification.
- Scheduling, planning and coordinating construction and/or maintenance work.
- Mechanical equipment including pumps, piping systems and valves, compressors, gear drive units/speed reducers, chemical feeders and blowers.
- Electrical wiring and electrical power distribution systems including programmable controllers.
- Instrumentation and control systems including complex fixed and portable electronic programmable controllers and telemetry systems at the component level.
- Water or wastewater systems, including items such as pipes, pumps, valves, manholes, sewer mains, maintenance management systems and closed-circuit televising.
- City of San Diego employees using Out-of-Class Assignment (OCA) experience to qualify must submit written documentation signed by their appointing authority or payroll specialist, detailing the work performed, dates, and total number of qualifying OCA hours. OCA experience without the required documentation will NOT be considered.
LICENSE: A valid California Class C Driver License is required at the time of hire.HIGHLY DESIRABLE:
- Experience utilizing a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Experience in the use of computer programs such as spreadsheets, word processing, database management, project management and other similar software programs.
- Supervisory or lead experience in water or wastewater systems.
- Experience in the use of SAP Plant Maintenance, Inventory and/or Procurement Modules.
- Experience in the use of GIS software applications.
- Experience in the use of a Maintenance Management Systems, such as Customer Care Solutions (CCS).
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS (MUST SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION):
- For City of San Diego employees, proof of Out-of-Class Assignment (OCA), if utilized to meet the minimum requirements.
- SCREENING PROCESS
- Please ensure all information is complete and accurate as the responses you provide on the supplemental questions will be reviewed using an automated evaluation system. If you are successful in this initial screening process, your application will be reviewed for applicable education, experience, and/or training to ensure all minimum requirements have been met. Successful candidates will be placed on a list which will be used to fill position vacancies during the next six months (180 days). For each vacancy, only those candidates with the most appropriate qualifications will be contacted by the hiring department for an interview.
- SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATION
- PRE-EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENTS: Employment offers are conditional pending the results of all screening processes that are applicable to this job, which may include but are not limited to the following: Confirmation of citizenship/legal right to work in the United States; completion of a pre-employment medical review/exam (which may include drug/alcohol testing); reference checks; and a fingerprint check. The fingerprints will be submitted to the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the California Department of Justice for a conviction record report. Certain positions may require additional screening processes which may include a polygraph examination and/or background investigation. All of these processes must be successfully completed before employment begins. A positive test for alcohol, illegal drugs, including marijuana, or inadequately explained prescription drugs, misrepresentation, falsification, or omission of pertinent facts in any step of the screening/selection process may be cause for disqualification and/or termination of employment. Nothing in this job posting constitutes an expressed or implied contract for employment with the City of San Diego. Applicants must notify the Personnel Department of any changes in their name, address (home, email), or phone number or they may miss employment opportunities.
Plant Process Control Supervisor (Option Title: Plant Maintenance Coordinator)Rev. 3 – August 16, 2019 (Closing Date Extended)