City of San Diego
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
SAP Ariba/Procure To Pay Support Program Coordinator, Department of IT - U1952 (Unclassified)
at City of San Diego
- JOB INFORMATION
Position will be filled no sooner than September 6, 2019.
Please see instructions on how to apply in the To Apply section of this bulletin as this position cannot be applied for online.
With more than 1.4 million people, the City of San Diego is the eighth largest city in the United States and the second largest in California. The City of San Diego's strong economy, diverse population, great educational institutions, unsurpassed quality of life, and world-renowned location makes it the ideal place to work, live, and play. With its great weather, miles of sandy beaches, and major attractions, San Diego has something to offer for everyone.
The City's Mission, as found in our Strategic Plan, is "To Effectively Serve and Support Our Communities." Our core values are Integrity, Service, People, and Excellence. The City's Vision is "A World-Class City for All."
As one of the region's largest employers, the City of San Diego has a combined Fiscal Year 2020 operating budget of approximately $4.3 billion and employs approximately 11,800 highly dedicated employees. Additional information about the City of San Diego can be obtained on the City's website: www.sandiego.gov.
The Department of Information Technology is responsible for citywide strategic technology direction, operational support of application, infrastructure, and wireless technologies, enterprise application services, and manages information technology services contracts. The Department's goals are to: (1) Enhance reliability, availability, and security of technology systems; (2) Expand capabilities and business value of technology services; (3) Improve technology project delivery: (4) Increase capability for innovation to improve service delivery; (5) Provide efficient cyber security services to support innovation.
The Department's mission is: "To provide high quality technology and wireless services while driving strategic innovation through collaboration and partnership with City and regional stakeholders".
Under the leadership of the Mayor and the general direction of the Chief Information Officer, SAP Ariba/Procure to Pay Support position will report to the ERP division's Functional Manager. This position is responsible for: managing multiple functional and technical projects within the area of SAP Ariba/Procure to Pay; producing detailed project time lines and ensuring project participants' accountability to those timelines; communicating effectively with technical, basis, and security teams to ensure deadlines are met; working with City business process owners to determine when or if enhancements, design changes, or break fixes are needed; following the SAP Ariba change management process and documentation requirements; prioritizing work based on business requirements, statutory requirements, and future business priorities; managing customer and stakeholder relationships at a project level through planning, coordinating, and management; ensure appropriate user training, operations, and technical documentation is developed and maintained for all configurations of the SAP Ariba systems; and ensuring all development activities are in compliance with the City's IT standards.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Finance, or a related field, and
- Five (5) years of professional experience providing day-to-day functional support of an SAP Ariba system to meet operational goals.
- Any combination of education and experience that demonstrates these qualifications may be qualifying.
- Five (5) years of applicable focused SAP Ariba functional experience, experience working on an SAP Ariba implementation project is highly desirable.
- Five (5) years of experience in an Procure to Pay environment, three (3) years of public sector experience is highly desirable.
NOTE: Qualifying experience must include:
Five (5) years working with one or more of the following core SAP module(s): Ariba, Materials Management in the area of procure to pay, source to contract, category management, or vendor management including design, configuration, and implementation, project management, reviewing and evaluating existing and proposed business process and making recommendations for improvements, writing design/functional specifications, troubleshooting and problem resolution, and providing technical assistance to others.
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
- Primarily responsible for supporting the SAP Ariba Cloud solution within the City of San Diego's Procure to Pay process;
- Understanding the integration between Ariba and SAP ECC Materials Management to Finance, Funds Management, and Accounts Payable/Vendor Invoice Management modules;
- Strong understanding of procure to pay, source to contract, category management, and vendor management best practices;
- Liaison between customer, suppliers and third-party software providers;
- Reviews and evaluates existing and proposed systems, solutions, and business processes and devises or modifies processes and procedures for solving business problems by providing recommendations for process and technology solution improvements;
- Work with business process coordinators to translate business requirements into efficient system design;
- Responsible for managing the software development life cycle and change control process for their projects/tasks through interaction with SAP Security, Basis, Reporting, and Development teams;
- Troubleshoots complex integrated issues and is able to resolve issues within time-sensitive deadlines;
- Ensures the integration of the SAP Ariba system with other department technologies and systems;
- Represents the department on a variety of committees; liaison with various organizations and agencies for the continued development of SAP Ariba; leads team on multiple integrated and complex projects; and participates in tactical and strategic planning initiatives;
- Coordinates and facilitates interactive analyses and design sessions with key business personnel, technical personnel, and internal/external customers;
- Defines scope, requirements, and specifications for new developments, modifications, and enhancements to meet changing business requirements;
- Designs reports and/or dashboards to provide better visibility into key business processes;
- Develops tests for SAP Ariba modules, components, and sub-components, performing post-implementation analysis throughout system landscape to ensure accuracy in areas affected by system development;
- Assists customers with updating or creating training plans and materials for areas of responsibility;
- Establishes/manages project plans and keeps supervisor informed of project status throughout lifecycle;
- Analyzes new hardware and software updates and products certified by SAP Ariba;
- Supervise the work of outside vendors and technical support personnel in a variety of systems analysis activities;
- Provides support to one or more functional areas, components, and/or sub-components of SAP Ariba;
- Continuously maintains professional skills through training classes, continuing classroom or online education, cross-training or other method of knowledge development;
- Stay abreast of current trends and technical advancements in the areas of SAP Ariba systems, learn the characteristics of new systems and update skills to adapt to changing technology;
- Anticipate conditions, plan ahead, establish priorities, and meet project schedules;
- Prepare effective written and oral communications, reports, instructions and presentations;
- Carry-out additional duties as necessary.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Experience with implementation and support of Ariba Cloud solutions;
- Expertise in configuration and implementation of SAP ECC Materials Management;
- Experience in SAP Finance, Funds Management, and Vendor Invoice Management;
- Experience in procure to pay, source to contract, category management, and vendor management;
- Familiarity with e-commerce and Source-to-Pay methodologies;
- Familiarity with modern business intelligence platforms including Business Objects and Lumira;
- Ability to provide detailed recommendations for SAP Ariba system configuration or functionality;
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple assignments, using initiative to accomplish results, while balancing competing priorities with both internally and externally imposed deadlines;
- Ability to work independently and use critical thinking skills to accomplish project goals, complete assignments with accuracy and in a timely manner;
- Ability to present complex technical information in a simple, clear and concise manner;
- Strong business and political acumen to work effectively with the public, external agencies and businesses, and elected officials;
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to successfully interact with a wide variety of stakeholders;
- Works effectively in a support team-oriented environment to promote knowledge transfer in areas driven by system integration;
- Commitment to customer service delivery, public service, fiscal responsibility and innovation in government.
Management Compensation and Benefits:
The successful candidate will be eligible for participation in the City's Flexible Benefits Plan that offers several optional benefit plans or a taxable cash option; $50,000 in City-paid life insurance; paid annual leave accruing at 22 days per year for the 1st through the 15th year of service. For further information, please contact the Risk Management Department at (619) 236-6600. Retirement benefits for this unclassified position depend on the candidate's eligible status (new hire, rehire, etc.). To learn more about employee benefits, please review the Benefits Summary for Unclassified Employees. Some benefits currently offered to employees may be modified in the future.
Employment offers are conditional pending the results of all screening processes that are applicable to this job, which may include but are not limited to the following: Proof of citizenship or legal right to work in the United States; completion of a pre-employment medical review/exam (which may include drug/alcohol testing); reference checks; and a fingerprint check. The fingerprints will be submitted to the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the California Department of Justice for a conviction record report. Certain positions may require additional screening processes which may include a polygraph examination and/or background investigation. All of these processes must be successfully completed before employment begins. A positive test for alcohol, illegal drugs, including marijuana, or inadequately explained prescription drugs, misrepresentation, falsification, or omission of pertinent facts in any step of the screening/selection process may be cause for disqualification and/or termination of employment. Nothing in this job posting constitutes an expressed or implied contract for employment with the City of San Diego.
A City medical examination including drug/alcohol screening and documentation of medical history may be conducted following a conditional offer of employment or promotion. The individual must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodation. The City of San Diego is committed to a drug and alcohol-free work place.
To be considered for this position, please submit your: 1) current resume; 2) a letter of interest highlighting your relevant work experience and qualifications for this position; and 3) a list of three professional references via email to HumanResources@sandiego.gov.
Following the closing date, resumes will be screened according to the qualifications outlined above and the most qualified candidates will be invited to an interview.
If you have any questions, please email the City's Human Resources Department at HumanResources@sandiego.gov.
The City of San Diego has an active Equal Opportunity/ADA Program for employment and vigorously supports diversity in the workplace.
Date Revised: August 19, 2019