COUNTY OF SAN DIEGO CALIFORNIA
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Quality Assurance Specialist (RN)-19238704
at COUNTY OF SAN DIEGO CALIFORNIA
- Job Summary
The Health and Human Services Agency is seeking dedicated nursing professionals for the position of
QUALITY ASSURANCE SPECIALIST (RN)
Quality Assurance Specialists monitor, evaluate and audit the quality of services provided in various systems, including but not limited to performing qualify assurance audits of pre-hospital and specialty care programs and correctional/detention institutions.
The quality candidate will possess:
- A current California Registered Nurse license at the time of application
- Nursing experience in a critical care unit, an emergency department (including an emergency department of a designated Stroke Receiving Center and/or STEMI receiving center and/or Level I/II designated trauma facility), community clinic, or public health home visiting program
- Program management experience in the areas of quality assurance/improvement audits/activities for publicly funded health plans, managed care administrative service organizations, or nursing or pre-hospital care
- The ability to represent the department in high profile community settings
Possession of one or more of the following certificates is highly desirable:
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Certificate
- Mobile Intensive Care Nurse (MICN) Certificate
- Critical Care Registered Nurse (CCRN) Certificate
- Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN) Certificate
- Public Health Nurse (PHN) Certificate
- Informatics Nursing Certification
- A current California Registered Nurse license is required at the time of application, AND,
- Three (3) years of full time registered nursing experience to include:
- Eighteen (18) months of full time registered nursing experience in a trauma department, critical care unit, community clinic, correction/detention facility or emergency room; OR,
- Eighteen (18) months performing quality assurance/improvement audits/activities for publicly funded health plans, managed care administrative service organizations, or nursing or prehospital care.
Click here for a complete Quality Assurance Specialist job description, including examples of qualifying experience, required certifications, essential functions and working conditions.
The names of qualified applicants will be placed on a twelve (12) month employment list based on information provided on the employment and supplemental application.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of a job, on a case-by-case basis.
The County of San Diego and its employees embrace the Live Well San Diego vision: A region that is Building Better Health, Living Safely and Thriving. Click here for more information www.livewellsd.org.
Under California Government Code Sections 3100 - 3109, public employees are designated as disaster service workers. The term "public employees" includes all persons employed by the state or any county, city, state agency, or public district. Disaster service workers are required to participate in such disaster service activities as may be assigned to them by their employer or by law.
The County of San Diego is committed to valuing diversity and practicing inclusion because our diverse workforce is our greatest asset and our customers are our number one priority.