COUNTY OF SAN DIEGO CALIFORNIA
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Temporary Election Worker-Recruiter Assistants-19077708RA
at COUNTY OF SAN DIEGO CALIFORNIA
- Job Summary
REGISTRAR OF VOTERS
TEMPORARY EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION
Only the first 300 applications will be considered. The application process will shut down after 300 applications have been received.
You are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
The Registrar of Voters Office conducts elections for San Diego County. Major elections for president, governor, school boards, special districts and cities are held in the even years. Some special elections are held in the odd years.
The primary responsibilities for some assignments include customer service, answering telephones, data entry and researching information. In addition, will assist with various clerical duties, as needed.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions as well as established policies and procedures.
- Ability to handle difficult/disgruntled voters over the phone/in-person.
- Ability to multi task and correctly prioritize.
- Ability to well represent the department when working with high profile individuals.
- Ability to work in a fast – paced atmosphere.
- Attention to detail.
- Comfortable working in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat.
- Familiar with office equipment (scanning, faxing, copying, printing).
- Initiative, drive, desire to do best job possible, team player.
- Maintain excellent rapport with co-workers, other County employees, representatives of outside agencies and members of the public.
- Team player
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Perform repetitious tasks.
- Recruiting Poll Workers.
- Telephone Skills.
- Work with minimal supervision.
While preparing for an election, there is extensive overtime required, often with little or no advanced warning. Time off during an election cycle is very limited. Normal business hours are 8 am to 5 pm. However, work schedules may vary depending on assignment.
Must also speak fluent English. Bilingual Speaking skills are highly desirable in some locations. Be sure to indicate on your application if you are fluent in Chinese, Vietnamese, Filipino, Spanish language.
Kearny Mesa office located at 5600 Suite 100 Overland Ave,
San Diego, CA 92123
between 163 and I-15
We Will Train You !!!
If there are any questions or concerns regarding the application process, please contact us directly at email@example.com or Mireya Lara at (858)505-7224 or Mireya.Lara@sdcounty.ca.gov