Cushman & Wakefield, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lead Operating Engineer
at Cushman & Wakefield, inc.
Job TitleLead Operating Engineer
Job Description SummaryPOSITION SUMMARY
Responsible to ensure the proper efficient operations and maintenance of the mechanical electrical and plumbing systems for the assigned facility. The performance of all necessary maintenance and operational tasks are developed to assure maximum life and reliability of all mechanical/ electrical/plumbing systems. Typically, this position does not have a Chief Engineer on-site at the building and is sometimes the solo engineer at the building. This position may also include the supervision of maintenance staff at the building depending on the size and complexity of the assignment.
This position may require being on stand-by or on-call as part of the after-hour duties.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist with or conduct the daily operations and maintenance of the mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems and general maintenance requirements for the buildings
• Supervise maintenance staff when applicable and assign, and monitor maintenance activities and projects
• Perform preventive maintenance duties, including changing filters, lubricating motors, replacing lamps, ballasts and fixtures, Inspecting and adjusting belts, replacing motor bearings, aligning shafts, and other inspections and maintenance recommended by equipment manufacturers
• Recommend improvements to the preventive maintenance program on an ongoing basis
• Develop and maintain effective building-specific maintenance procedures
• Coordinate maintenance efforts with outside contractors and technicians
• Maintain stock and inventory control
• Respond immediately to emergency situations (fire, evacuation, equipment failure, etc.) and customer concerns
• Comply with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency, and company directives as related to building operations and practice safe work habits
• Ensure management team is informed of current building operations by compiling and submitting monthly reports
• Complete all required C&W Safety Training as scheduled annually.
• Comply with C&W Uniform Dress Code while working and maintain a neat and clean appearance while on the property at times other than working hours
• Communication Proficiency (oral and written)
• Organization Skills
• Technical Proficiency
• Decision Making
• Problem Solving/Analysis
• High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
• Graduate of apprentice program or trade school preferred
• 5+ years of related trade experience in operating mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems in a commercial property setting
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS
• Appropriate license/permit for trade as may be required, i.e. Journeyman or Master Electrician License, City Licenses, Operators License, Steam Engineers License, etc.
• Possess a valid “Universal” level certification for CFC and HFC based refrigerants (EPA Section 608); to service, repair, or dispose of equipment that could release ozone depleting refrigerants to the atmosphere or any similar combination of education and experience
• Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and good driving record with periodic checks
• Basic Computing Skills in Outlook, Excel & Word
May be only maintenance staff member on duty during certain shifts; may be required to work extended periods of time without relief when responding to priority/emergency situations (including overtime type assignments); may require shift work and/or on call duties
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Regularly required to travel outside between properties in varying weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may need to travel from floor to floor, climb stairs, and may be required to travel outside between buildings in varying outdoor weather conditions. The employee may also be regularly required to remain in a stationary position (sit or stand) for 85% of the time; regularly use hands to operate office machinery and regularly required to walk, talk, and hear.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Note: This job description includes the core responsibilities for C&W. These duties may have slight modifications based on the regional location.
About Cushman & Wakefield
Cushman & Wakefield (NYSE: CWK) is a leading global real estate services firm that delivers exceptional value for real estate occupiers and owners. Cushman & Wakefield is among the largest real estate services firms with approximately 51,000 employees in 400 offices and 70 countries. In 2018, the firm had revenue of $8.2 billion across core services of property, facilities and project management, leasing, capital markets, valuation and other services. To learn more, visit www.cushmanwakefield.com or follow @CushWake on Twitter.
For US Applicants:
Cushman & Wakefield is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer. All individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees during employment are treated without regard to any of these characteristics.We hire the most talented professionals and invest in superior resources and technologies. The talent of our extraordinary people and the culture and business approach we foster, coupled with the exceptional, creative services we provide and the results we deliver worldwide for owners, occupiers, and investors are what distinguishes Cushman & Wakefield.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws
Cushman & Wakefield is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States. Please click on the following links for more information:
This Organization Participates in E-Verify
Right to Work
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position at Cushman & Wakefield, please call 1-888-365-5406 or email HRServices@cushwake.com