Cushman & Wakefield, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Property Manager
at Cushman & Wakefield, inc.
Job TitleSenior Property Manager
Job Description SummaryResponsible for the management of the Property Management staff as well as to oversee a significant portfolio or property and to serve as a point person on third-party relationships
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Direct, coordinate, and exercise functional responsibility for property management business
• Provide overall property management leadership through the development and interpretation of policies and programs, coordination of information flow and property management strategy
• Provide direction and leadership to Property Management staff, promoting reasonable career paths associated with property management professionals
• Track budget variances and ensure smooth recovery process
• Oversee the billing process including payment of invoices and disbursement of funds
• Monitor cash flow and cash requirements in conjunction with Property Manager to ensure efficient use of cash
• Oversee preparation of reports, annual budget, and other documents for owner in accordance with the management agreement
• Support prompt collection of management fees and reimbursements to overhead
• Maintain interface with third-party owners, ensuring total contract compliance, and accurate and timely reporting
• Resolve tenant relations issues to ensure their satisfaction
• Perform regular property inspections with staff
• Oversee construction projects with Construction Manager, including approving construction contract and invoices
• Ensure compliance with Property Management Policies and Procedures, codes, regulations, and governmental agency directives
1. Communication Proficiency (oral and written)
2. Customer Focus
3. Problem Solving/Analysis
4. Leadership Skills
5. Teamwork Orientation
6. Time Management Skills
7. Financial Acumen
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related discipline preferred
• 5+ years of real estate property management or related experience
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS
• CPM, RPA, or CSM designation
• Possess real estate license
• Strong knowledge of finance and building operations
• Proven experience in management, evaluation, development, and motivation of subordinates
• Ability to effectively manage a team of professionals, including both employees and vendors
• Previous experience in analyzing and negotiating commercial lease and/or contract language
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Regularly required to travel outside between properties in varying weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may need to travel from floor to floor, climb stairs, and may be required to travel outside between buildings in varying outdoor weather conditions. The employee may also be regularly required to remain in a stationary position (sit or stand) for 85% of the time; regularly use hands to operate office machinery and regularly required to walk, talk, and hear.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Note: This job description includes the core responsibilities for C&W. These duties may have slight modifications based on the regional location
About Cushman & Wakefield
Cushman & Wakefield (NYSE: CWK) is a leading global real estate services firm that delivers exceptional value for real estate occupiers and owners. Cushman & Wakefield is among the largest real estate services firms with approximately 51,000 employees in 400 offices and 70 countries. In 2018, the firm had revenue of $8.2 billion across core services of property, facilities and project management, leasing, capital markets, valuation and other services. To learn more, visit www.cushmanwakefield.com or follow @CushWake on Twitter.
For US Applicants:
Cushman & Wakefield is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer. All individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees during employment are treated without regard to any of these characteristics.We hire the most talented professionals and invest in superior resources and technologies. The talent of our extraordinary people and the culture and business approach we foster, coupled with the exceptional, creative services we provide and the results we deliver worldwide for owners, occupiers, and investors are what distinguishes Cushman & Wakefield.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws
Cushman & Wakefield is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States. Please click on the following links for more information:
This Organization Participates in E-Verify
Right to Work
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position at Cushman & Wakefield, please call 1-888-365-5406 or email HRServices@cushwake.com