Cushman & Wakefield, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Facilities Manager
at Cushman & Wakefield, inc.
Job TitleSr. Facilities Manager
Job Description Summaryfacilities and has at least one Facilities Manager and/or Assistant Facilities Manager reporting into it. The Senior Facilities Manager has the overall responsibility for overseeing the implementation of policies, procedures and programs that will assure well-managed, well-maintained buildings and facilities, placing maximum emphasis on leading a staff in the positive response to the concerns and needs of the tenants, environmental health and safety, and quality programs, in coordination and conjunction with the goals and objectives of the client. The position is the primary liaison with client and leads staff in the coordination of services and activities, financials, vendors and manpower required for current and future needs of the building and operations. The Senior Facilities Manager also has responsibility for the overall financial and KPI performance of the business plan within the respective portfolio.
* Has complete responsibility and oversight of day-to-day operations of facilities, high rise or campus ensuring that all services are effectively delivered and facility needs are met including janitorial, life-safety, engineering and general maintenance. Ensures that staff implements and provides these services in a manner consistent with C&W policies and ownership directives.
* Responsible for the cost-effective management of service contracts. Responsible for all aspects of service delivery pursuant to these contracts, responsible for periodic and ongoing performance and financial review, conducting RFP's, and assuring payments and invoicing match contract pricing. Initiate audit & control systems to ensure statutory, policy and contractual commitments are met.
* Leads the facility management team in the supervision of all in scope maintenance programs relating to the interior and exterior conditions and appearance and operation of the facilities.
* Ensures that facility management staff consistently provide positive and prompt response to requests from the client and building tenants/occupants.
* Ensures facility management staff implement ongoing contract review programs to constantly assess client, tenant and occupant needs and to assure problems are being solved promptly and to the mutual benefit of the tenant, owner, and the properties.
* Prepares and delivers consolidated reporting and reviews of all budgets, financial reports (monthly and quarterly), contracts, expenditures and purchase orders related to the facility(s) or complex.
* Responsible for the development, preparation, and explanation of the annual facility budget, quarterly forecasts, and business plans.
* Directly involved in the development of capital budgets for the property. This includes contributions towards a five- year plan of maintenance, facility improvement, and cost reduction initiatives.
* Responsible for coordinating the collection, analysis and reporting by the facility management team of statistical data and analysis to provide accurate and current assessment of facility management objectives, work order productivity, cost savings and improvements. Review work order metrics and system to identify service gaps and recurring issues and provide corrective actions
* Responsible for approving all positions and directing the hiring, training and motivational activities of the facility management staff. Responsible for effective and proactive employee relations with all site staff. Conducts and approves all performance evaluations of facility management staff.
* Manage and drive customer focus within all areas of operational activities and ensure that effective relationships are maintained with key client contacts
* Drive innovation through the development of best practices, operational and service efficiency as well as the identification of industry trends and tools that would contribute to our operational excellence goals
* Ensures that facility management staff require all tenants and vendors comply with insurance requirements and coordinate all claims as required
* Communication Proficiency (oral and written)
* Problem Solving/Analysis
* Client Relationship Management
* Customer Service Leadership
* Technical Proficiency
* Vendor Management
* Financial Tracking/Budgeting/Forecasting
* CMMS/Work Order Management
* Building Management
* Systems maintenance and monitoring
* Four year college/university degree or equivalent work experience in Facilities Management/Corporate Real Estate/Project Management/Business Administration required
* Minimum of 8-10 years of facility management experience (with a 4-year degree) with at least 3 years at the level of Facility Manager; a minimum of 12 years of experience if no degree
* Must have both breadth and depth of experience in leasing, construction, engineering and all facets of property operation and building management
* Experience with human resource and performance management processes
* Experience with critical system environments is preferred
* Certified Facility Manager (CFM), International Facilities Management Association (IFMA), Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) industry certifications recommended; other Engineering, Business or technical training or certifications a plus.
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Strong computer and systems knowledge.
* Ability to multi-task and maintain progress on multiple projects and processes
* Must be a strong team player with an ability to build effective working relationships with individuals, other department heads and client representatives
* Ability to read and understand construction specifications, blueprints, and single line diagrams
* Strong literacy in MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint
* Knowledge of Financial Systems (Yardi a plus)
* This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. May be required to travel outside between properties in varying weather conditions.
* The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate with others and exchange accurate information; operate a computer and other office productivity machinery; move about the workplace; remain in a stationary position for ___% of the time; and extend hands and arms in any direction.
* This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
About Cushman & Wakefield
Cushman & Wakefield (NYSE: CWK) is a leading global real estate services firm that delivers exceptional value for real estate occupiers and owners. Cushman & Wakefield is among the largest real estate services firms with approximately 51,000 employees in 400 offices and 70 countries. In 2018, the firm had revenue of $8.2 billion across core services of property, facilities and project management, leasing, capital markets, valuation and other services. To learn more, visit www.cushmanwakefield.com or follow @CushWake on Twitter.
For US Applicants:
Cushman & Wakefield is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer. All individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees during employment are treated without regard to any of these characteristics.We hire the most talented professionals and invest in superior resources and technologies. The talent of our extraordinary people and the culture and business approach we foster, coupled with the exceptional, creative services we provide and the results we deliver worldwide for owners, occupiers, and investors are what distinguishes Cushman & Wakefield.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws
Cushman & Wakefield is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States. Please click on the following links for more information:
This Organization Participates in E-Verify
Right to Work
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position at Cushman & Wakefield, please call 1-888-365-5406 or email HRServices@cushwake.com