DNV GL Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Civil/Structural Engineer (Wind and Solar)
at DNV GL Group
- Requisition ID
- Business Area
- Position Type
- Permanent employment
Local Unit & Position Description
- Review of design drawings and calculations for Wind and Solar Energy foundations structural support systems, to support project financing
- Evaluation of pre-market design concepts for Wind and Solar Energy structural support systems
- Evaluation and root cause analyses of Wind and Solar Energy system structural failures
- Observation and documentation of Wind and Solar Energy construction
- Master of Science – Civil or Structural Engineering. Ph.D. – Structural Engineering preferred
- Minimum 5 years of experience in structural engineering design required
- 2 years of design of electrical transmission, wind or solar energy structural systems preferred
- P.E. or P.Eng. License in at least one US or Canada jurisdiction preferred or willingness and ability to obtain it within one year.
- Structural Engineer (S.E.) License (NCEES SE Exam compliant) desired
- Proficiency in IBC, ASCE 7, AISC, ACI, NBCC, EuroCode and other common structural design codes.
- Proficiency in SAP, STAAD, and other common structural analysis programs.
- Detailed understanding of fatigue in reinforced concrete subject to high cycle demand (Eurocode, CEB FIP MC 2010, DNV OS C502)
- Prior research or design experience with reinforced concrete wind turbine foundations. Understanding of foundation systems for utility scale onshore wind turbines is a plus
- Prior research or design experience with wind-induced dynamic loading of Solar PV structural support systems preferred
- Understanding of common Solar PV foundation systems and geotechnical aspects of design.
- Understanding of typical construction methods for Wind and Solar Energy.
- Proven HSE mindset and demonstrated behavior-based safety mentality
- Able to work independently and make independent decisions when called for.
- Able to work with a geographically diverse team, within North America and internationally.
- Maintain a flexible schedule and be able to keep in contact with international offices.
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 25% of the time domestic travel (US and Canada), and must also be able to travel internationally.
- Must be able to use common construction personal protective equipment, walk over uneven terrain, climb ladders.
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills. Second language preferred
- We conduct pre-employment drug and background screening
Company & Business Area Description
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL delivers world-renowned testing and advisory services to the energy value chain including renewables and energy efficiency. Our expertise spans onshore and offshore wind power, solar, conventional generation, transmission and distribution, smart grids, and sustainable energy use, as well as energy markets and regulations. Our experts support customers around the globe in delivering a safe, reliable, efficient, and sustainable energy supply.