Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Elizabeth Hospice
The Elizabeth Hospice is San Diego’s oldest non-profit hospice of 40 years. We are growing and looking for talented individuals to join our high performing team and support our mission. We serve all of San Diego county and south Riverside county with multiple hospice office locations.
Our Mission: To enhance the quality of life for those nearing the end of life’s journey and for those who grieve.
We place a high importance on our employees and reward staff in several ways such as:
- Competitive hospice industry compensation
- Benefits package with multiple plan offerings and generous employer contribution
- 401(k) Retirement plan with employer match
- Supportive work culture which encourages work life balance
- Substantial Paid Time Off, paid holidays & birthday benefit
- Employee development program managed by in-house education department to support individualized orientation and professional growth needs.
- Tuition Reimbursement program
- Monthly mileage reimbursement
- Employee Referral Program
- Business casual attire for office staff
Responsible for all aspects related to the initial patient assessment and plan of care upon admission for patients across the life span (perinatal, pediatrics, and adults) according to established standards and practice. Responsible for providing information about services to potential patients, referral sources, and providing education to the community as needed. Responsible for skilled nursing assessment and hospice plan of care in order to maximize the comfort of patients and families consistent with The Elizabeth Hospice standards. Collaboratively works with the Interdisciplinary Team to ensure continuity of care for every patient.
Job Duties/Knowledge/Job Performance:
- Performs visits as needed: a. Assists with discharges from facilities to the site of Hospice care. b. Performs Admissions at the site of Hospice Care. c. Assists the Hospital Liaison Team to meet the needs within the hospitals as needed. d. Other Hospice nursing visits as assigned.
- Effectively manages time to meet department expectations in regards to admissions.
- Responsible for the direction of care provided by LVN and HA in accordance with patient’s plan of care.
- Responsible for the supervision of services provided by the LVN and HA per TEH policy and regulatory requirements.
- Assess and evaluate every patient to determine the appropriate plan of care (POC).
- Obtain relevant information and supporting documentation.
- Independently assess patient/family immediate care/symptom management needs in a timely manner.
- Consult with attending MD and other required medical personnel.
- Develop Admissions POC and communicate initial assessment, admission information, financial information, plan of care, and changes to the plan of care to the IDT on all assigned cases.
- Provides appropriate follow-up to outside case managers in regards to insurance and authorizations.
- Reviews borderline/complex cases per protocol. Adheres to the Non-Admit Policy
- Coordinate admission to hospice with other facilities, assisting with implementation and coordination of services.
- Effectively manages symptoms.
- Participates in training and mentoring of new staff.
- Keeps current with all department policies and procedures.
- Other job duties as assigned.
Work hours: 9:30am-6:00pm Work hours may vary slightly due to agency needs
Work week: Per Diem
We invite you to join us in fulfilling our mission and become a part of The Elizabeth Hospice team. To learn more about this opportunity and apply, please visit our website at: https://elizabethhospice.org/join-our-team
- Must have an Associate’s Degree, Bachelor’s Degree preferred, and at least 12 months experience with 1-2 years preferred in acute care, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Current CA RN license.
- Prefer certification as hospice nurse.
- Computer skills (word processing)
- Current California driver’s license and proof of insurance required.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred.
"The Elizabeth Hospice is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.”