Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Omni Workstream Lead - Training
at FIS Global
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Interprets client and market needs, assesses the full business requirements and business architecture and identifies solutions to non-standard tasks/queries.
• Collaborates with senior-level clients, product management and technical architects to develop, enhance and implement the business architecture for complex business solutions to support specific client requirements and address market opportunities.
• Participates in management reviews, including presenting and interpreting business requirements and results of business analyses, summarizing conclusions, and recommending a course of action.
• Interfaces with all areas of the client and internal enterprises affected by the project including strategic planning, product management, product development, technology services and client services to ensure the client’s expectations and market requirements are met.
• Defines, constructs, supports and provides training for enterprise business systems.
• Documents functional product solutions for key FIS product strategy and product management initiatives leveraging defined functional component model libraries and the defined product line roadmap.
• Documents functional product solutions for key sales opportunities leveraging defined functional component model libraries and the defined product line roadmap.
• Maintains a catalogue of reusable functional application components consumable across applications and product lines.
• Reviews functional and business process designs to identify areas of risk and/or missing requirements.
• Negotiates with and influences both the solutions architects and external clients to achieve a business solution that meets client expectations and market requirements.
• Documents and communicates opportunities to leverage inter-project synergies, application and enterprise software or infrastructure asset re-use and opportunities to expose application assets for enterprise consumption.
• Communicates business architecture to technical and business audiences.
• Identifies and incorporate business process improvements for increased efficiency and enhanced client experience into new solutions.
• Willing to travel 30% to 50% or as needed.
• Other related duties assigned as needed.
Bachelor’s degree in business administration, business management or related discipline or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience. Post-graduate education is desired. Requires the following experience or equivalent combination of education and experience as a minimum to enter any level of Business Solutions Engineer job:
• Recognized by peer group and external clients as a subject matter expert (SME) in appropriate product line(s)
• Must have led or participated in defining and implementing business solutions for multiple projects in software development and client implementations
• Five or more years working in the product line(s) as a business systems analyst at a senior or specialist level
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• In-depth knowledge and expertise of the assigned product line(s) area and related business
• In-depth knowledge of financial services industry practices, regulations and processes
• In-depth knowledge of process taxonomy and flow of a specific client organization and/or the overall market
• Working knowledge of end-to-end systems development life cycles, e.g., iterative, waterfall, and other modern approaches to software development
• Proficiency in defining and implementing an overall solution and expertise in the business architecture
• Proficiency in solutions design and requirements definition disciplines leveraging model driven design based tools and techniques including conceptual solution component models, business process models, use cases, etc.
• Advanced knowledge of the tools, techniques and principles used in business process development, documentation and re-engineering
• Proficiency in quality management methods, tools and technologies
• Excellent organization, team-building, negotiation, conflict management, project management and time management skills
• Requires long-term vision and executive presence
• Strong analytical, statistical, problem-solving skills
• Ability to utilize judgment in decision-making processes and decisions related to job tasks
• Requires excellent skills in communicating ideas both verbally and in written form in a clear, consice and professional manner including presentations
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management in an organized, professional manner
• Proven success in building relationships
• Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take
• Ability to travel frequently
FIS JOB LEVEL DESCRIPTION
Advanced professional role managing the business solutions function for one or more product lines within a division. Highly skilled with extensive proficiency. Having wide-ranging experience and in-depth knowledge of the marketplace practices, regulations and processes, uses professional concepts and both company and client objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise. Engages with senior-level client contacts and team members. Works independently and receives minimal guidance. Serves as a resource for less experienced peers. Wide latitude for independent judgment. Represents a job level at which career may stabilize for many years or potentially until retirement. Typically requires twelve or more years systems development, solutions implementation and/or consulting experience with five or more years as a Systems or Solutions Lead. Barriers to entry such as technical committee review may exist at this level.
With a 50-year history rooted in the financial services industry, FIS™ is the world's largest global provider dedicated to financial technology solutions. We champion clients from banking to capital markets, retail to corporate and everything touched by financial services. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, our 53,000 worldwide employees help serve more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries. Our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company and is a member of Standard & Poor’s 500® Index.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the FIS Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf and here:www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
As part of the selection process this role may require an assessment to determine suitability
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.
FIS™ is the world’s largest global provider dedicated to banking and payments technologies. With a long history deeply rooted in the financial services sector, FIS serves more than 14,000 institutions in over 110 countries. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Fla., FIS employs more than 39,000 people worldwide and holds leadership positions in payment processing and banking solutions, providing software, services and outsourcing of the technology that drives financial institutions.
Join us as we redefine secure financial technology on a global level. We’re proud to be a Fortune 500 company and the world leader in the global financial technology industry. Greatness doesn’t just happen. It takes innovation, investment and a commitment to being the best at what you do. That’s why, at FIS™, we offer more than jobs with benefits. We offer the opportunity to realize your potential, push your limits and make real contributions to the financial technology industry and the world. If you share our spirit of excellence and achievement, you’re the type of person we want working beside us. We’re an equal opportunity employer offering competitive salaries and terrific benefits in energetic work environments.
Talent, if you have it, we want it. Join the FIS Global Talent Network today!
What is a Talent Network?