General Dynamics Information Technology
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Field Technician V
at General Dynamics Information Technology
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Job Function
- Science and Engineering
- Security Clearance Level
- Full/Part Time
- Full Time
- Performs highly complex technical functions in support of engineering activities such as set up, operation, maintenance, modification, circuit testing, calibration and troubleshooting of electronic or electro-mechanical components and systems, experimental design circuitry, prototype models or specialized test equipment.
- Works from schematics, diagrams, written and verbal instructions.
- Directs complex engineering tests to collect design data or assist in general research work.
- Diagnoses and isolates equipment and system malfunctions which fail to respond to standard corrective measures, and makes necessary repairs.
- Participates in the development of electronic equipment.
- Repairs or modifies cables and equipment returned by operational users or by personnel in the associated test and development laboratories.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
- May serve as a team leader.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Must have Shipboard/Shipyard experience
8+ years of experience
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.