Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Geotechnical Engineer
at Geosyntec Consultants
Are you looking for a home for the best years of your career? A place where you can contribute to a dynamic employee-owned firm, tackle challenging an innovative project work, and collaborate with industry recognized professionals? Geosyntec is the place for you! We’re are seeking a Senior Geotechnical Engineer to help grow our civil / geotechnical engineering practice in the San Diego, CA area, where you will contribute projects involving waste materials management and containment structures, performance of dams and ground improvement techniques, geoenvironmental issues, geotechnical investigations, foundation design, and stormwater management, including the financial and technical evaluation, design, permitting, and construction stages.
Our clients ask us to address their new ventures and most challenging problems involving the environment, natural resources, and civil infrastructure. Ranked by ENR in the top 20 design firms for the environment, Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service. Founded in Florida in 1983, we are employee-owned and have about 180 staff in our seven Southern California offices. Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.com.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Is this the right position to help you achieve your professional goals? Depending on your background, we expect that you’d work on a variety of challenging technical projects and leverage your existing relationships to help Geosyntec expand its current practices and capabilities. The successful candidate will be expected to work on multiple projects concurrently to support and promote a diverse private and public sector client base.
Collaboration and mentoring are cornerstones of Geosyntec’s culture. You should expect to work closely with experienced professionals who will help integrate you into Geosyntec’s culture as you advance to this next stage of your career. Some of the task-level or project management responsibilities you will be asked to do include:
- Performing and managing geotechnical, geoenvironmental, civil, mining, and/or geological engineering field investigations and numerical analyses including drilling, instrumentation, and construction quality assurance;
- Preparing and coordinating the integration of design calculations, drawings, technical specifications, construction cost estimates, reports, and permit applications;
- Managing projects successfully to achieve goals for technical excellence, budget control, schedule compliance, quality, client satisfaction, and profitability;
- Reviewing and managing written document production;
- Business development; including bringing in new clients and obtaining repeat business from existing clients, leading proposal preparation, and developing and implementing a business development plan; and
- Staff management and mentoring.
Here are some other things you should know about this Senior Geotechnical Engineer position:
- Training: This position requires OSHA/MSHA health and safety, first aid, and CPR training and medical monitoring, paid for by the firm. We also offer professional development opportunities including technical conferences, in-house seminars, webinars, and mentoring, that allow our professionals to build the technical and business skills necessary to become successful consultants
- Fieldwork: Up to 20%
- Overnight travel: Up to 20%
Your success is our success. We encourage our professionals to continually develop their interests and skills. Advancement is based on an individual’s own performance and initiative.
- BS degree in civil engineering with an emphasis in geotechnical engineering/geotechnics or a closely related discipline. (required)
- Advanced degree in civil or geotechnical engineering. (preferred)
- At least 10 years of relevant prior experience, preferably in a consulting setting. (required)
- An outstanding track record for client management, business development, and technical leadership. (required)
- Current marketplace visibility and existing client relationships. (preferred)
- Current California P.E. registration or ability to obtain within one year of employment. (required)
- Current California G.E. registration or ability to obtain within two years of employment. (preferred)
- Prior OSHA 40-hr HAZWOPER or MSHA 24-hr Surface Miner training. (preferred)
- Valid U.S. driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record for business travel. (required)
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO BE SUCCESSFUL AT GEOSYNTEC?
Geosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing Firm.
WHY CHOOSE GEOSYNTEC?
Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/.
We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefits.
REQ NO: SENIO02047